Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Curious. 2 years 3 months ago #198179

Took the hood off to dry it thoroughly in the garage. Had a look under the engine cover. Minor leak from the cam cover gasket. New alternator fitted which was chirping on start up. The new belt needs a tweak to tighten it. Plastic throttle body came off in me 'and guv. Replaced with more robust metal item;).

While charging the rather sluggish but new looking battery, I realised that the disconnector didn't make firm contact with the negative battery post. It has been filled out with a few layers of Alitape for the time being and the engine now commences much more smartly as a result.
I was surprised to find that the gearbox is a C4BP which is what it ought to have but that doesn't tally with the speedo reading when referencing the tacho. One of them is lying. Lots, as I read 70 MPH at 3050 RPM and 92 at 4000, which is right for a 3.938 box and the wheels and tyres are standard. Odd. Put the hardtop on only to find I had taken the brackets off with the hood so it wasn't going to fasten anyway! Never mind, The throttle cable was a bit slack so it has been tightened and I gave the clutch lever a good waggle and that is suitably mobile. All finished when Gordon, who had been helping pointed out that the silencer was fitted three inches too far to the right. The unit is a Supersport and it has always been that way as tugging it over shows the undamaged stainless mounting to be polished in the mounting rubber. A squint at the rest of the system shows it to be sound and straight so should I just live with it or start bending brackets? The car is straight and undamaged underneath so I'm a bit confused, to say the least!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Curious. 2 years 3 months ago #198180

A couple of M10 nuts later and the hardtop was on and a bit of fine tuning of the clips made it fit nicely. Took the time to try out the new throttle body. Ah! That's what it's supposed to be like! So much better, smooth, responsive and I fancy there is less popping and farting on the overrun, too.

Curious. 2 years 3 months ago #198182

I fancy there is less popping and farting on the overrun, too.

You or the car??????????? :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Curious. 2 years 3 months ago #198185

Can't be me; I never run anywhere. This weight takes some stopping power!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT