Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Brake Lights possessed 2 years 5 months ago #197699

I have been having a few problems since I put the front and rear subframes back in my mgtf. I currently have no reverse light which I intend to check the switch on the gearbox this week. However, as I brought the car out of the garage as I walked back to close the door down the rear brake lights flashed on and off then on for much longer, then off. I sat in and pressed the pedal a couple of times and could see the lights responding to the pedal movement. So walking to the rear again the brake lights again came on stayed on then off. Now, where should I start to look, or is my car possessed and some of the names I've called over the last week its taken exception to.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brake Lights possessed 2 years 5 months ago #197700

Hi . I think the general area of concern with anything like this is the boot hinge loom , where over time the wiring loom becomes brittle and fractures occur and rub together causing a multitude of problems . Investigate behind the conduit that covers the loom .
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: trevtherevs

Brake Lights possessed 2 years 5 months ago #197702

While your at it, slide into the drivers foot well and unclip the brake switch which is half a turn. Pull the plunger right out and replace back in the bracket, the switch is cheap and nasty, i end up doing mine around twice a year, they can cause all sorts of issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, trevtherevs

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT