Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mgtf headlight beam pattern 2 years 11 months ago #195595

I cant find anything in the guides or forum on adjusting the headlights to the correct height and angles I know how to adjust them just not what is legal or correct
Can the group help please

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mgtf headlight beam pattern 2 years 11 months ago #195596

Do you have the proper kit to measure the beam pattern? 

I could not find the numbers in the workshop manual but on my MGF I have labels that say 2 degrees dip but nothing on how much to the side the beam should go.

I suspect the actual setting is based on the actual suspension height of the car. Like you, I could find nothing on the web that quotes exact measurements.

EDIT: I found this link - it leads to a pdf. It is more complicated than I thought! 

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/19/2016/03/Headlamp-aim-changes-for-24-March-2016-Classes-3-4-5-and-7.pdf 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tenko123

Last edit: Post by julianfoulger.

mgtf headlight beam pattern 2 years 11 months ago #195597

No just a wall on a level drive way

mgtf headlight beam pattern 2 years 11 months ago #195601

Hi . I think if it was me I would wait until MOT test time and slip the tester enough for a couple of pints and ask him to adjust them on the approved beam setter or go along to your local garage and ask for a favour . Its all very well lining it up on a garage wall or similar but unless you have the correct equipment you will be a country mile out of where they should be .      

John

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT