Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Window lift motor 4 years 4 days ago #193017

Good morning, Having problems with my 1999 MGF window motor, I have looked at refurbishing the existing motor but also noticed Rimmer do a land-rover part

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-CUR100450P

£28 for a new motor compared to a complete new system at £150 is very tempting... can anyone advise if they are the same motor please, I have chatted Rimmer but they are unsure.

Regards
Simon

PS: I have finished the refurbishment of my MGF Subframes and engine rebuild, lots of pictures to come soon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Window lift motor 4 years 4 days ago #193019

Check first, but I wouldn't be surprised if they could be adapted.
The only real difference is probably only the plug, the winder motor and gearbox are fairly generic. I replaced mine with winder motor/gearboxes from a Holden, I bolted them to the MG mechanisms and changed over the wiring plugs.
The winder motor/ gearboxes are handed so I used the left Holden winder on the right side of the MG and vice-versa.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Window lift motor 4 years 4 days ago #193022

Yup, same motor, although the electrical plug might be different. I've used these motors successfully in my MGF (also in my 1996 Discovery)

Cobber is correct, they are handed.
Mark
95 MGF

Window lift motor 4 years 4 days ago #193031

Thanks for the reply's, gonna have a look at the existing plug and do a bit more research but I cannot imagine the changing of the connector being to much of a problem :clap:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT