Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Handbrake linkage 4 years 6 months ago #191696

Just trying to sort out an ineffective handbrake. Done the adjustment under the centre console but not much improved. Decided to strip the rear brakes. Removed the calipers but can't free off the handbrake linkage. I've taken out the wire clip but the fork attaching to the caliper appear to be a slotted screw that won't budge. Initially I thought it was simply a pin. Any ideas out there?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Handbrake linkage 4 years 6 months ago #191697

Good morning. I think you are mistaking the slotted head for a screw as it's a clevis pin
The slot is to guide you when putting the clip back through the pin . You will need loads of freeing oil ( plus gas is good ) to free off the pin . Let us know how you get on .
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raymond Malik

Handbrake linkage 4 years 6 months ago #191698

Hi - Yes it is just a pin. Had similar trouble when working on my cables. Heat/PlusGas set of mole grips and plenty of time. They do free up eventually just rust holding in place. On re-assemble plent of copper slip.

Robert

Handbrake linkage 4 years 6 months ago #191742

You are all quite correct. The slot in the pin threw me into thinking it was a threaded pin. Managed to get it off after a couple of hours wrangling. Next problem: removing the handbrake cable from it's supporting bracket on the caliper assembly. I've removed the square spring clip but the cable remains firmly attached to the bracket. Any further things to remove?

Handbrake linkage 4 years 6 months ago #191743

Had similar problems with the cable supporting brackets. As I was freightened in damaging the cables I easily removed the brackets from the caliper.
Regards
Christof

Handbrake linkage 4 years 6 months ago #191745

As far as I remember, once the clip is off, it's just corrosion holding the cable outer to the bracket.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT