Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG Paint codes and paint availability. 4 years 6 months ago #191644

Hi, I have just purchased a 2010 mgtf 135. Does anyone know where to source touch up paint. I have tried numerous companies, but it appears to be a strange colour to find. The warranty book states it is crystal white. The paint code under the bonnet is 289. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks. Alan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG Paint codes and paint availability. 4 years 6 months ago #191645

Hi . I would imagine that this problem is very similar to those TF owners who own cars with the Monogram paint finishes that were applied to certain vehicles built during MG/Rover manufacture. Your's being built during Chinese ownership of the brand albeit assembled and painted at Longbridge, will mean taking the car to a reputable paintshop supplier where they can scan the paint and mix you paint to match .
I recently went to buy an areosol of Tahiti blue from Carlaq in Leeds and while I was there an owner of a Monogram painted TF turned up for them to scan his car . I believe Carlac have depots in other parts of the UK other than Leeds so give them a call . Other paintshop suppliers will be able to do the same matching of your paint if you take your car .
John

MG Paint codes and paint availability. 4 years 6 months ago #191646

Thanks for your reply. Reassuring to know other people are having difficulties as well. I will try a local paint shop to see if they can help. Hopefully I can help other people with the same problem. Regards. Alan

MG Paint codes and paint availability. 4 years 6 months ago #191647

The TF that I saw at Carlac is owned I believe by a member of this forum and he told me that his car was a Monogram colour that was also used on TVR's which meant that it wasn't a paint that very many cars had been produced in . I have heard that the cost of these 'flip flop' paints has resulted in some cases of cars being written off by insurance companys .

MG Paint codes and paint availability. 4 years 6 months ago #191649

Not the kind of information that I was hoping for. Here's hoping no-one hits the car.

MG Paint codes and paint availability. 4 years 6 months ago #191655

Well I'm not too sure that it would apply to the last versions of TF paintwork that was applied at Longbridge. The colour schemes that were used ( Monogram ) by MG/ROVER were phenomenonly expensive and still are but I don't think you will have a problem.
John

MG Paint codes and paint availability. 4 years 6 months ago #191660

Any motor factors with a paint mixing machine will be able to mix up the paint for you with the paint colour code.
David
:shrug:

MG Paint codes and paint availability. 4 years 5 months ago #191794

try chipex. they sorted me with my Chinese tf

MG Paint codes and paint availability. 4 years 5 months ago #191797

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
try these guys, helped with all my requests so far.

http://motorcolour.co.uk/
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

MG Paint codes and paint availability. 4 years 1 month ago #192656

Thanks for all your replies and advice. As luck would have it (?) somebody managed to clip the front of my car when they were trying to park. Not much damage apart from a scuffed front bumper. They agreed to pay for a new bumper paint job. The body shop used a scanner to identify the paint colours as none of the MG colours seemed to match. They managed to get a perfect match and even had some left for me to use as a touch up paint. Moral of this story is get someone else to hit your car if you need a colour match!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT