Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Car turns over but won't fire up. 4 years 7 months ago #191509

Hi
Have spent a few days catching up with jobs on TF (2004 135) with Pectron unit.
Replaced one rad hose that had gone baggy,fitted new stereo with parking camera and new speakers all round.:woohoo:
Car ran ok no problems,while fitting rear speakers one of the T Bar bolts had stripped its thread and just span round, in my attempts to remove it I managed to knock the cover of the passenger side seat belt unleashing the spring, :spank:
Today I fitted a replacement and the car won't start.
Remote works to lock and unlock.(have replaced battery with a good new one) immobiliser light goes out ,car turns over but the hazard lights start on the 2nd position off the key,car turns over and you can hear the central locking click.
It does not appear to be the fuel cut off as its not been triggered.
I went to try the alarm reset of unlocking with key ,discharging any power left in key,replacing battery then locking car with remote, but 30 secs after unlocking with key,the alarm is activated and the car locks its self.
I have not yet tried the EKA code yet as the imob light goes out.
I only have one working remote at present.
Thinking it might be breaks in boot lid wiring activating fuel cut off :,etc -?
Any ideas thoughts would be appreciated as planing to go to Yorkshire in it next week.:oops:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Car turns over but won't fire up. 4 years 7 months ago #191512

Sounds like a fuel issue. Try takin g out a spark plug to see if you are getting fuel. Check the wiring to the fuel pump. :shrug:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: VX54NEW

Car turns over but won't fire up. 4 years 7 months ago #191517

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :spank: :spank: :spank:
Solved the problem by retracing my steps.
In my haste to fit replacement seat belt,I had already put insulation mat back,and caught the wires to the fuel pump crimping them with the edge of belt mounting causing the 30amp engine management fuse to blow.:slapme:
Separated wires replaced fuse and car fires up.:woohoo:
Just now need to repair and re insulate wires.
So David was right in being a fuel issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, sworkscooper

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT