Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

A close shave 4 years 7 months ago #191359

I made an appointment yesterday to go and view an MX5. No reason, other than it looked nice, was very local and as my TF is just a summer toy, I figured a change is as good as a rest.

Anyway, just before I went, I check it's MOT and found it had failed with a major defect or whatever they are called for subframe and sill corrosion. Then, a week later, passed with no advisories. Anyway, I walked away.

When I got home and was parking the MG up, a little girl and her mum walked passed and the girl, about 4, said "look mummy, look at that really nice car"

So I'll keep it for a bit longer - until I find a jetski or something :)

Nick
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A close shave 4 years 7 months ago #191370

......…..Anyway, just before I went, I check it's MOT and found it had failed with a major defect or whatever they are called for subframe and sill corrosion. Then, a week later, passed with no advisories. Anyway, I walked away......

I know very little about the MX5 but if it's anything like the TF a rusted subframe mount won't take long to change and a repair on the sill isn't a major job.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

A close shave 4 years 7 months ago #191382

Well having owned both cars, the MGF felt a far better drive than the MX5, just handled better i my opinion.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT