Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 8 months ago #191194

i see they have one on offer at ECP

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 8 months ago #191363

Invalid or non-existent item ID.

Well, thanks for the advice, everybody :-)

I have ordered this one. It looks the same as several others mentioned here. It hasn't arrived yet but I hope to try it out after I get back from a trip next week. I'll provide some feedback once I have used it.

I have now had a chance to test this. Results were a mix of positive and negative.

Firstly, David was spot-on here. You need to check the phone connection. The provided connector is a sort of combined USB (standard PC type) and micro USB. My current phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) has a USB type C connection so it didn't fit. I had a little converter but it wouldn't work. However, it worked perfectly with my old phone (Motorola Moto G mk2) which has a micro USB socket. Probably the right adaptor would have got it working OK with the S8.

The software on the CD worked OK for me, although the QR code on the instructions led to an error 404 (not found). getting the software from the CD to the phone was a challenge! Other endoscope/camera apps on the Play Store worked OK. You can record snapshots or videos.

The fibre optic cable is very long, which wasn't really a problem. The problem was its flexibility. I had to fix the lens part to a long probe to get it to the part I wanted to view.

The picture quality is OK on a phone. According to the specs, it would be better on a laptop/PC but I haven't tried this.

The viewing angle is stated as being 60°. I found that it would have been easier to use with a wider viewing angle or a longer focal length, as everything appeared a bit too close.

In all, a bargain for the money provided you can get it working on your phone. At around a fiver, you can't go wrong. Don't expect professional/medical results though.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.925 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT