Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191125

Subject says it all really. I want to have a look somewhere that I cannot get at - not even with a mirror. I've seen little 2 to 5 metre endoscopes which connect to a phone or laptop. They seem a bargain - too much so, maybe. Has anyone any experience of these or got one they would recommend? Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191127

I managed to get one with a dedicated screen when Maplin closed down, it's one of those tools you don't know you'd use until you have one.

Sorry Bruce, that doesn't answer your question.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191132

I had use of one made by Snap on at London Taxis that was very good .

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191133

I had use of one made by Snap on at London Taxis that was very good .

Thanks but I think anything made by Snap-on will be beyond my budget.

The ones I am thinking of are silly cheap (under a tenner). You get them from ebay or Chinese suppliers and connect them to a phone. Resolution is only 640 x 480. I suspect they would be rubbish...

I want to peek down the centre tunnel in my TF without tearing out half of the interior.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191134

I have one that cost all of $5 (under £3) through eBay, came from China. It actually works really well, gives a sharp image. The software that came with it allows you to save a picture or a video.
Mark
95 MGF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bertl, sworkscooper, BruceTF135

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191135

I have one that cost all of $5 (under £3) through eBay, came from China. It actually works really well, gives a sharp image. The software that came with it allows you to save a picture or a video.

That is great to hear. I'll get one, although I doubt I'll find anything that cheap! If it's any good, I'll post details.

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191136

Invalid or non-existent item ID.This one is actually fancier than the one I have:
Mark
95 MGF

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191151

Strangely that one doesn't ship to UK... Never seen that before.

This one does, though...

Before buying, ensure it has the correct usb connector for your phone

10M 6 LED Waterproof Android Endoscope Borescope Snake Inspection Camera video
Buy It Now
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191157

The one you have shown David is very similar to the one I have, even the little CD looks the same (white and blue).
Mark
95 MGF

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191161

I got one earlier this year in Lidl, in that case for checking the thermostat housing on my ZT. Full unit, camera and screen all in one, runs on AA batteries iirc. It has LEDs built into the camera head.

Can't recall how much exactly, but probably around £12 or so. Of course if you're in a hurry, awaiting till the offer comes round again isn't much use ... 🙄

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191166

The one you have shown David is very similar to the one I have, even the little CD looks the same (white and blue).

Yes. I think it is the same. The only difference being the trader you highlighted didn't ship to the UK.:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Advice sought: Inspection camera / endoscope for phone or laptop 4 years 7 months ago #191173

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Well, thanks for the advice, everybody :-)

I have ordered this one. It looks the same as several others mentioned here. It hasn't arrived yet but I hope to try it out after I get back from a trip next week. I'll provide some feedback once I have used it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 2.808 seconds