Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Oil leak figured out and fixed 4 years 10 months ago #190922

• Tunny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Tunny
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer

Pictured is my engine where the leak was. I tried to load a vid of it running but I haven’t figured this out yet so a still will have to do. I assumed the leak was the corner of the cam cover but the MG Rover mechanic diagnosed the issue to be oil coming up through the cam carrier bolt. So.... Ordered yet another gasket accompanied with Loctite 243 and Hylomar Blue. I was expecting the offending bolt to have stripped the thread in the head but it was ok. After cleaning the bolt up and drying up the hole I covered the threaded part 0f the bolt in loctite and under the head of the bolt a wee bit of H Blue. Nipped up the bolt to 10nm and left while I took off the air box to do more rust proofing then fired her up. The pic is the result, bone dry! Big thanks to Ewens for steering me in the right direction with this.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Oil leak figured out and fixed 4 years 10 months ago #190923

Well done. Good feeling when you get a niggle sorted . Get the MG mechanics name and address posted on here , there may be other people in need of his experience.
John

Oil leak figured out and fixed 4 years 10 months ago #190929

• Tunny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Tunny
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
I intend to phone the garage tomorrow to pass on my appreciation to the mechanic so will try to get another chat with him about what you have said John. The details of the garage that was originally MG ROVER is
Ewens of Cornhill
1 Mid Street
Cornhill
Banff
Aberdeenshire
AB45 2EH
Tel 01466 751235
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Oil leak figured out and fixed 4 years 9 months ago #191041

Yes uploading vids to show on here..well I done it a few times and I uploaded a vid on youtube first and when you replay it best on laptop it gives a link at top of page when you post on here you simply just write.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=
And then the rest of the link which is unique to your video...miy video link ends with MQo633ZV8oI
Combine all that link together gives members on here a direct playlink to the vid. ..has long has upper and lower case are inputted correctly it is easy....my link above inputted in one go shows this.members just press play button and bobs your uncle.....where is bob these days?

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT