Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

COMFORT SPRINGS 4 years 9 months ago #190878

HI
Just hoping to get a bit of feedback from those members that have fitted the 2005 comfort shock set up.
I have found a very reasonably priced supplier of 2005 my comfort springs to compliment the set of Bilsteins that I have fitted,as I still find the std 2004 springs too firm.(on 16 inch alloys)
One of the changes when the suspension set up was revised was to fit thicker ARBs to compensate for the softer springs.
Has anyone noticed an increase in corning body roll as a result of changing to a 2005 set up?
To compensate for the softer springs I am thinking of fitting poly ARB bushes,simple on the rear but I have the later dog bone type front ARB links and cant seem to find any poly bushes for these ,although MGMaina do have what look to be a solid replacement set as well as the rose jointed ones.
I can see how the outer links are changed by fitting poly bushes,but do the inner rod locator ones make any difference ?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by VX54NEW. Reason: addition

COMFORT SPRINGS 4 years 9 months ago #190879

I fitted MY2005 shocks and springs but as this was part of my F to TF subframe swap I can't really comment on the difference.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VX54NEW

COMFORT SPRINGS 4 years 9 months ago #190883

I think its the shock absorbers not the springs that makes the difference.
I fitted standard springs with comfort ride shocks and found the result very good.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, VX54NEW

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT