Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Peak District 4 years 11 months ago #190344

Hi
I am spending a few days over the Bank Holiday in the Peak District.
Looking for a few road trips or places that we must visit,I know that a few members know the area well,hopefully can recommend a few decent roads to drive,places to visit.:drive:
We are National Trust members so will be visiting a few stately homes etc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Peak District 4 years 11 months ago #190351

I think Mr Bluestreak is your man for that area .

Peak District 4 years 11 months ago #190352

I personally just like heading off in the peaks and getting lost..it depends what your looking for..there's hundreds of plane crash sites..

And reservoirs like ladybower where the dambuster squadron practiced.

And certain times you get to see the plughole in all its glory.

Nice drive out to monsal head and monsal dale...where you can walk through a awesome disused train tunnel and view the lovely wye valley along the monsal trail.

And there is winnats pass in the hope valley...Did see a sign there for underground boat rides..

Manifold valley and thors cave is another a traction ...Wetton mill and a steep climb to the cave entrance...
Be sure to look out for the winking man if you pass the roaches...

Or the plague village...visit eyam...full of history of how a entire village was wiped out by the plague.

Many more places to visit...I got out of the tf last out and about and went to 3 shires heads. .Sundance will have a few more suggestions
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, cairnsys, sworkscooper, VX54NEW

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Peak District 4 years 11 months ago #190356

Close to Winnats pass is the very scenic and driveable Mam Tor road, dropping down to the Edale valley, a round trip through Castleton and then Winnats Pass gives a nice circuit to drive. Some good pubs and cafe's in Castleton make it a nice place to stop for refreshment.
Snake pass is a must if you are going to the Ladybower reservoir and of course, if you are in the area and its not a Sunday, a visit to MGFnTFbitz in Glossop (taking in the scenic Chinley valley) is a must, cheap parts and nice bling for sale and a free brew off the proprietor.
If you pre-book in, they will also do a free health check on your car and recommend anything that may want attention. They also have some really nice TF's and F's and many more in for repair or breaking.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, sworkscooper, VX54NEW

Peak District 4 years 11 months ago #190357

If you get to Glossop, leave via the Snake Pass over to Ladybower - one of the most scenic drives in the country!
Watch out for the nutters on motorbikes though - it's a favourite high speed run for them & some don't seem to know which side of the road to use.
Another lovely drive is over the Strines - beautiful if you can get the top down. The Strines pub is always worth a call in whether you are hungry or thirsty.
It's a wonderful area!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, VX54NEW

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT