Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #189948

.......I’ve been trying to get hold of some Falken 914s, it seems that these have now been superceded by the 310. Does anyone have them fitted / any idea if these are any good / suitable for TFs (160)?

Currently I have ‘ok’ Toyos on the back and very worn Toyos on the front, trying to stay well clear of new Toyos due to the related issues with them.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #189955

I have not heard anything bad about the 310's.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #189958

Hi, I had a set of Falcens fitted to the front of my TF the other week. A few days later I drove the car for almost 8 hours at 70 mph (ish) on a long motorway journey. The new tyres were good. I'll check tomorrow if they are 310's and get back to you.

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #189965

Tyres are a pain in the ass subject ..I bought some winter tyres for the dacia has last year was gob smacked how crap in the snow it was.....since I bought the winter tyres I've only experienced a small scattering of the white stuff and 3 hale stones dropping nearby.:lol: :

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #189969

I swear by my Falkens on my TF - one of the best tyres I have known in 15 years of TF ownership. I do not know what the new Falken series of tyres are like but the original Falkens that were recommended were the obsolete ZE 912's. I suppose we have to wait for someone to try the new tyres out and report back!
I have winter tyres fitted to my ZT-T and they really do work well, I tried my first TF once in the snow - never again!

Sundance

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #189992

There always seems to be an air of mystery when it comes to tyres on the Tf

I will shortly be replacing tyres all round on mine, and I was advised to fit Falkens Ziex 914 to the 2004 Tf with original standard suspension.
I also have a 99 F shod with Toyos; which I had put on a couple of years ago, and they are good enough for me. Its a summer car; so doesn't rack up the mileage like my Tf does. They run quiet and grip well enough in the wet, but I don't really thrash either car anyway, i was originally going to fit Toyos as well to the Tf and both cars are on 15" rims.

I could do with knowing to dismiss Toyos and fit Falkens or what else...….

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #189994

Thanks everyone.

Sundance, I think that someone may well be me .

I'll be replacing a full set, as I'm changing wheels now also, so I guess it could prove costly if they're no good. Not that I have any reason to believe that will be the case until I try them.

It won't be for a couple of weeks, but I'll report back! :-)

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #189998

When I acquired my TF it was fitted with 'Sunny' Tyres. These were obviously fitted to get it through its MOT.
These should be avoided at all costs unless you never take your car out in the wet/dry/cold/daylight!!

They are also very noisy and needed a lot of balance weights adding.

Anyway these have now been swapped for Falken 310's and normality has returned. Balance weights have been reduced by 70% and the noise has reduced dramatically.

So far only used them in the dry but they offer a confident ride and I'm sure will be a great long term purchase.

Squashman56

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #190004

Hi, sorry for the delay. My new tyres at the front of my TF 160 are Falken 310's. They handled really well on a very long motorway drive from Cornwall to Cumbria.

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #190010

Keymaster - don't confuse the F and TF - despite appearances they are different cars.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #190028

Okay thanks T.C.
They definitely do handle differently, but the Toyos feel fine on the F for me anyway.
Squashman56 also seems happy enough with the Falken 310,s maybe these are the ones I need to buy instead of the 914,s, although they are both supposed to handle well in the wet, and extra load rated which is a must for both cars.
At £70 a corner fitted they are reasonable enough.
My wife has just come in, and told me she has just spent nearly £100 on new bras from M&S; so I asked to see the load rating!

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #190031

Normally of course there would be some wit on here asking for photo's of the load rating answer, but in this case that would end up being censored so for now we'll just have to dream:lol:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT