Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #190047

Normally of course there would be some wit on here asking for photo's of the load rating answer, but in this case that would end up being censored so for now we'll just have to dream:lol:

Soft touch moderation here but we are a family show.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #190062

Thanks very much for that Squashman

Thanks for getting back with the update too Martin.
Just wondering, what tyres do you have on the rear? My toyo rears are ok but I was going for a full set of 310s from the off. It looks like I’ll have to buy the rears online as no-one seems to stock / can get hold of the 215/40’s.....and I’ve just found out I need to get to Cornwall myself next week, so no time for rears to arrive and be fitted before then. Really need the fronts so have to get those done before I go.

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #190106

Update;

310’s fitted to the front on Saturday, and alignment carried out (well, I was charged for it so they must have I guess). Won’t be returning to the place in Nailsea that carried it out. Didn’t mention the fact that they were unable to fit one of the wheel nuts, just left it in the car. Also, I had the wheels swapped over at the same time. Luckily I rememered to get the old ones just before driving off as they were still in the fitting area (no mention of ‘here are your old one’s mate’). Service was miserable too - probably the worst place I’ve been for tyres in the last 30 odd years. Anyway.....

Car was all over the place on the return trip home, so much so that I didn’t drive over 30 mph. Checked the tyre pressures, once I’d got back - 40psi FFS. I reduced that accordingly.

Car isn’t too bad around corners now (though not the positive feel I had before) I guess they may wear in a bit. But, I can’t keep it in a straight line on the motorway at 50mph, it’s all over the place and feels dangerous. Going to have to change the rears to 310s before I use it again and hope that will solve the issue.

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 1 month ago #190111

Oh, that doesn't sound too good.

What was the pressure in the other tyre?

Let us know if it improves with the matching rear tyres.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Tyres....I know, I’m sorry....but..... 5 years 4 weeks ago #190271

Both new fronts were inflated to 40psi. I reduced them both to 26.

Fitted 310s to the rear at the weekend. Better, it runs straight now. Handling still isn’t as good as the old toyos were though. Feels like it’s about to oversteer when put into a corner ‘in a mildly spirited fashion’, certainly not hard anyway . Not sure if this is because of very new rubber, as I haven’t driven many miles on them (approx 100 or so) or if I need play around with the pressures a bit.

Alternatively, it could be that this is the way it’s going to feel and handle now. I very much hope not.

Last edit: Post by Onen Hagoll.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT