Sign In   Register

Topic

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188899

running car to keep it up to scrtch notice it is only charging 13.75 and fluctuating . any help please, have a new battery fitted new altinator and belt, tentioned to the right tention, thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188900

Are you using a multimeter or one of those after market voltage readers?

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188901

Graham . You need to test what the alternator is putting into the battery. Just because the alternator is 'new' doesn't mean that it is putting enough into the battery . Mr Bluestreak , Sundance and myself have given you a few pointers as to what could be wrong . Was your alternator a recon ? If so that could be the reason its short changing the battery . Having worked in the motor industry all my life and during that time , more recently I have been staggered at the ' quality ' ( or should I say lack of ) that these so called recon units have had lavished on them . People assume that because it is all boxed up and shiny bright that they have saved a few quid and everything's right with the world . I once tested an alternator ( all shiny and reconditioned ) that a friend had fitted to his car and found that it would only charge when the engine reached 4500 rpm ! Hopeless ! Get the output tested as Mr Bluestreak has shown you in the Greetings thread .

John :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188904

Graham..5 months ago you wrote this post..it states you fitted a alternator from a breakers yard costing £28.....is this the same alternator you have questions about today?...graham's old post below.
Attachments:

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188905

no got a new one and fitted it but the output is just around the same,

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188906

using a multimeter, at 20vlt showing 13.75 and going up and down, baffling me this one, the alinater is new as is the battery.

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188907

Hmm ! Well done Bluestreak for finding Grahams original post . Graham's thread has had me thinking it was me dreaming that I had replied to it in some parallel universe . . . . Graham mate , do you actually read any of our replies ? ? ? ? Sorry that came out a bit harsh in the season of good will . :omg:
John

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188908

took advice from you all at that time and bought a new altinator, was giving out 14vlt then,just wondering if by anychance me opening and closing the boot a good few times could have resulted in a broken wire into the engine wiring feed which roots through the rear by the petrol filter,

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188909

I take it your revs are nice and steady?

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188910

yes the revs ok runs great is it me just over doing it, i.e making a mole hill into a mountain ????? thanks

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188912

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

charging issue 5 years 3 months ago #188913

yes the revs ok runs great is it me just over doing it, i.e making a mole hill into a mountain ????? thanks all so i believe if it's not broken and running ok then no need to fix it. as you know bymy last threads i have spent a kings ransom on this little lady, and i suppose i have come to the point now i am looking for faults,is this natural or am i going nuts. :-?

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT