Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188813

As it has been a bit quiet on the bar lately I though I'd show you what Santa has delivered for my TF. Newly recovered steering wheel in red / black leather with red stitching to match the interior. I know that the eagle eyed ones out there who look on Flea bay will see a wheel on there now which would have saved a few pennies but after looking at the work and recommendations of Royal steering wheels I thought I would take a different route . As the car is sorned for the winter, I thought I would let them recover my wheel . I am really pleased with the results and the quality of the work . As you can see the black leather is perforated and the red matches the upholstery . The original leather always felt a bit sticky after driving a few miles despite trying to revive the surface with various methods.
Roll on summer . :hgf:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188814

Fantastic john...if there was a mgtf I wanted..yours would be at the top of the list....can't wait to see it fitted.:beer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188815

Nice work there John.
Lets have some interior pics when its fitted!

Sundance

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188816

Cheers Sundance . I know that this will seem a bit of an extravagance to some on here but I just wanted a better looking interior and wheel . The wheel is going to have to wait until after Christmas for fitting.

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188817

I'll post some pics in the near future. The car is garaged away from my house so it's not that easy for me to start posing with it as I've already had verbals from someone trying to get their car into the next garage when I'd inadvertently flattened the battery with the car blocking their way . :spank:

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper.

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188818

Fantastic john...if there was a mgtf I wanted..yours would be at the top of the list....can't wait to see it fitted.:beer:

Hey yours is a bit of a tasty looking car as well. I just hope I get it on straight when I fit it !
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188819

Looks really well done and I'll be after one for myself in the new year - I had a black and dark blue one fitted but it was well worn so just bought a plain black one which I was lucky with as it's really good.

The new refurbed ones on the bay of E are about £100, but they won't do me a blue one - similar price for yours?

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188820

Hi Dan .
You'd have to enquire with Josh or Jack at Royal steering wheels if they can do blue . I don't see why they can't as their Web site shows ( mainly BMW examples) steering wheels with coloured 'TDC' marks in different colours .
They ain't cheap but the quality is plain to see . The wheel just feels loads better . It cost ......... £125 + the dreaded and postage . For those who want something different I think I'm right in saying they can reshape the wheel in a 'D' shape . Not sure how it would look or if it's posible on the F/TF wheel .

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188821

realy nice job :broon: :broon: psi think anyone with any sence would have there car tucked up for winter,as the salt on the winter roads distroys the car, all the best

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188823

Hi Graham. Well yes ,I am fortunate in that I can take the car off the road for winter .I just hope that it wakes up in a better mood than it did this year ! :rant:

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188895

I had some early santa items..as well has me cordless angle grinder..which I've always wanted one...love it....I got this cap before Xmas.

..it was from homebase..I had seen them before but the price of £12 turned me away ...but hey its Christmas I thought...get those early treats in....
They are called power cap and they have discreet led lights under the peak...click of a hidden switch and the led lights shine your way in the dark..

I've found it very handy not having to carry a torch and it came with spare batteries..might get the beanie version next time

Santa has come early. 5 years 4 months ago #188898

Not the most expensive gift I had this year but by far the most useful was this spanner...I have a fetish for spanners..so much so I eat with a snap on knife fork and spoon spanner set.
This little bottle opener spanner opened all my beer bottles this Christmas...cool hey!
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT