Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

splash guard(s) 5 years 4 months ago #188759

Hi

Does the MG TF have a nearside splash guard behind the rear wheel? Mine doesn't. It has an offside one, but not a nearside one. I was surface rust treating various parts of the underside of the car when I noticed. I've had a look on ebay and I can only see offside belt splash guards for sale so I'm guessing it doesn't, but I'd appreciate knowing for sure!

thanks

Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

splash guard(s) 5 years 4 months ago #188760

Hi Nick . My 05 TF has only got the o/s one . I am not aware of one on the n/s .
John

splash guard(s) 5 years 4 months ago #188765

Mine has a splashgaurd both sides...when I saw a tf for the first time I thought someone's not put the splashgaurd back on...and opening the boot someone's left the light covers off......ok everyone asks those questions ...they look unfinished so purchased light covers job done....but the splashgaurd. ...made my own and more than happy with the results...
Picture 1..Trying cardboard template against car.

Picture 2....once happy.cutting galvanised sheet with air nibbler.

Picture 3..
Fitted splashgaurd and sprayed with black wax.

Might has well show the light covers aswell...

Think it looks too cheaply built without them.

More pics (splashgaurd )

If I remember right the 2 holes marked on template are for fixing plastic scrivets...same has gaurd on oposite side...1 hole already there and just had to drill 1 more in subframe for a secure fit.one the tin was cut then a slight bend to help fit for a neat looking job...to be fair I could of done it better but hey its not too bad.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

splash guard(s) 5 years 4 months ago #188770

It's a case of finding the right material to make it easier for yourself. ..I couldn't find any plastic of the correct type...galv sheet was readily available and I was itching to use the nibbler...price £22

splash guard(s) 5 years 4 months ago #188778

Thanks both. I'm surprised Mike Satur hasn't stepped in and made something then!! :)

At least I know it shouldn't be there. But I might make something up next time I have a spare bit of flat plastic.

cheers,

Nick

splash guard(s) 5 years 4 months ago #188824

Earlier cars had a resonator box between the air intake and the air filter that formed a splash guard.

The resonator was omitted from later cars and no one thought to install a splash guard.

IIRC the Rover 100 didn't have a splash guard.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT