Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

HELP boot latch broken 5 years 8 months ago #187832

Arrrgh.....on my way to France and the boot latch has broken on my TF160 !

The boot shuts OK. but pops open on the first large pothole or bump in the road.

Bungees have kept the boot from flipping up too much, and I'm in Deal tomorrow for a couple of days before the tunnel on Saturday.

I suspect that there may be a spring holding the lock shut, and will take out the mechanism there and inspect it tomorrow PM, has anybody here got experience of this, I really dont fancy a week in France with a floppy boot lid, I've already had several well-meaning people on the M6 telling me what I already know !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HELP boot latch broken 5 years 8 months ago #187833

Boot catch is easily replaced, MGFnTFbitz have them, they let me have one to modify when I put my remote unlocking solenoid on, other F and TF salvage companies may keep them too. You should be able to get one in a couple of days.

Sundance

HELP boot latch broken 5 years 8 months ago #187845

Can you test the latches function with a screwdriver shaft or small bar, passed into the lock sideways to simulate the hoop that normally latches in.

If the latch looks like it is working (ie the screw driver passes into the latch, which then springs around the screwdriver shaft securely), then the problem is just alignment between the latch and the loop it latches to.

If it is not working, maybe lubrication will help.

if you have a "popper" then maybe this is stuck in the open position.

HELP boot latch broken 5 years 7 months ago #187849

No it's the rotating claw which won't lock shut, just springs back under load, I assumed there was a spring holding it tight....have ordered a new one, rather than dismantling it, am off to France today held together by bungees and hope !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT