Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Service today 5 years 10 months ago #186722

Hi all,

Had a little play about with my car today and ended up servicing it a bit. Cleaned the air filter and put new spark plugs in. Also finally found out what filter I had - it was sold described as K + N but I opened it up and it is a BMC CDA I believe:

I disconnected the battery and when I tried to restart the car it was turning and spluttering but wouldn't fire. I thought uh-oh I buggered it, but it eventually fired into life and has had no problems since.

Only worry I had was I did a code read and there were three codes, all to do with misfires: 1 x random cylinder 1x cylinder 4 and 1 x misfire low fuel. Not sure when from, whether ages ago or when the car was starting. Cleared them and went for a run, hard acceleration, idles, etc. No codes on return so will keep an eye on that.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, sworkscooper, SundanceUK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Service today 5 years 10 months ago #186781

I changed the spark plugs and I'm heavy handed pulling at the ht leads....after changing my plugs it ran fine for a while...and then started misfiring ....I Could drive 50 miles smooth as owt and then a misfire...I had already changed coil packs for new and spark plugs...well that left ht leads so went out and got some new...job done....after I watched a few vids on youtube about testing leads with multimeter. ...sometimes it threw misfire code up and sometimes not...well intermittent power through the leads innit...
On changing the leads I took the old leads off and this happened.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Service today 5 years 9 months ago #186955

The BMC CDA is a damn fine filter, been running it on my ZS's for several years.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT