Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184797

thank you won't be buying it now, I did not know that if you pulled the stalk towards you and down it does the same job, really glad I posted this or I would have wasted my money, thanks again. :broon: :broon:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184800

Graham, if you're still interested in doing this, Airportable has done it and posted the following

These mod's are applicable to cars with the Lucas 5AS system, as yet I haven't come to grips with the Pektron unit. The inspiration for the wiper mod came from the Rover 200 wiring diagram, the F has a lot in common here. So from the washer switch positive (light green / black tracer) you take a wire to C62-23 on the multi function unit.

in this post (click click)

May be worthwhile dropping him a PM if you want further info.
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184804

Things have moved on a little from the wash / wipe link wire mod’. Shortly after I got the f the indicator stalk failed & I replaced both indicator & wiper with set from a Freelander (£5.00 for both from my favourite scrap yard); this was a regular mod’ at the time. The Freelander set had a variable wiper delay switch built in & I was sure that I could integrate that facility into the car, which I did with some electronics & a couple of relays, however it clattered like a set of those plastic wind up false teeth & it promptly came out. I then found reference on another forum to a delay relay used in conjunction with the stalks & that was also a Landy part. Another scrappy visit & another fiver & by following the instructions on the other forum I have variable delay & wash wipe. The variable delay isn’t as variable as I would have liked& might need another visit, however the wash wipe function gives several wipes for a good squirt.
It seem that whenever the subject of wash / wipe comes up I’m either just going away or am already away & this time is no different, so on my return & if anyone is interested I will direct them to the information. I’m not going to do a How To as this demands second order concentration with cutting & reconfiguring cables & I’m not prepared to have my name attached a job that could, if not acquitted correctly go horribly adrift, You know: Bang, smoke, fire extinguisher, burned out shell!
Mike, sat in my motor caravan, under a leaden sky in Norfolk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, cairnsys

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184812

thank you, but I will leave mine as is. I can live with it :broon:

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184814

thank you. I can live with it :broon:

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184815

Do people actually take there mg cars out in the rain...

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184816

I have an amendment to make to my last post; I said I got the stalks off a Freelander, I didn’t, they came from a Discovery & I think it was a Disco 2. As I’ve said if anyone wants to take it further I’ll go through my notes when I’m home. And the skies are still leaden in Norfolk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184817

I don't but there is still crap off the wagons on the motorway to contend with, wash away the crap and one can see what is coming. :broon:

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184823

I stay in the Scottish Highlands - it has been know to rain (when it's not snowing). The 4WD I need for parts of the year has a wash wipe which drives me round the bend in winter - you know, screen covered in salt spray, so you have a go at a 'wash' - sadly, despite using the arctic screen wash it's frozen so no wash but yes, lots of wipes! Result no visibility. Years ago I owned a SAAB with heated washer nozzles - now that's a mod that makes sense!
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184829

My f has heated washer nozzles as standard & they’re of dubious value unless you have dosed the washer system with fluid that works down to minus 20; the water in the nozzle remains fluid, whilst the water in the pipe freezes. You might consider extending the pipe from the bottle & wrapping it around the coolant pipes, then providing the bottle hasn’t frozen & as the engine warms the washer water pipe thaw; it might take a while but it does work. Mike

wiper up grade 6 years 1 month ago #184832

tho I live in the northwest and the weather isn't too bad, I did the wrap around the coolant pipe mod always great to be safe than sorry don't you think.:P

wiper up grade 6 years 4 weeks ago #184847

Never had a problem in any car with nozzle freezing if use the -20 deg stuff neat. Must drain the bottle before adding though.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT