Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

New product 6 years 2 months ago #184471

I seen on my Facebook page a couple of days ago that Mike Satur has designed a new coolant level sensor. It's going through it's final testing now and it fits directly into the existing expansion tank bottle. It does require a little wiring but best of all the cost is going to be around £60.

Sounds good as I've not fitted one yet.

:beer: :beer: Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Bob, cairnsys, sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New product 6 years 1 month ago #184508

Bruce has one on here and it is only £20 and I can say it is spot on as I have one fitted, only took 20 minutes to fit, save yourself £40.

New product 6 years 1 month ago #184515

I just Googled mike satur low coolant sensor kit and it says in stock price £162 Inc vat....or is this a earlier model?
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

New product 6 years 1 month ago #184519

wouldn't pay that for one that has cost me next to nothing, but if you can afford it good luck:broon:

New product 6 years 1 month ago #184528

It includes a expansion tank...which are a common failure...I reckon a tf with 40,000 miles plus should start seeing some stress cracks on the expansion tank....mine had 1 slight hair line crack where the hose fits on..

New product 6 years 1 month ago #184535

I guess I have to get involved here!

I had heard that Mike Satur was producing a coolant level alarm for MGF / MG TF. I am sure that, like his other accessories and performance parts, the quality will be of the highest. And no doubt the price will reflect this.

It is true that I have been working on a low coolant alarm system for nearly a year now (credit to jaypay for the original idea). I have my original prototype installed in my 2004 MG TF 135 and it works well.

I have now sold 6 of these kits, very similar to the original prototype, to members of The-T-Bar. I was hoping to get useful customer feedback before selling them more publicly. My timing wasn't brilliant as all bar 1 have yet to fit them, citing the recent bad weather as a very valid reason. I hope to receive more feedback shortly.

Graham has had his since January and has provided me with useful feedback, for which I am very grateful. I have already incorporated some of his suggestions in the latest batch.

I am hoping to sell the kits on eBay for £25 - £30 initially. This is hugely less expensive than anything else I have seen in the market.

The thing that makes my kit different (USP for fans of The Apprentice!) is that the level sensor is a proximity sensor, which is located OUTSIDE the expansion vessel. No drilling whatsoever is required to install the kit. The only connections to the car's electrics are 12v and earth, neither of which require cutting any wires. Full instructions, with pictures, are included. So installation is a breeze. If you can take the engine cover off and put it back, you can fit this alarm. If you are a contortionist, it might be possible to install the kit without even this obstacle!

I can only make these in small quantities at present. I have a couple ready to go with more on the way.

If anyone on The-T-Bar wants to buy one, I am happy to sell directly for just £20. Please contact me via Private Message.

Moderators. If this breaks the rules, please advise and feel free to remove.

Bruce.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT