Sign In   Register

Topic

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183346

Name her fag?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183361

I'm sorry if I've bamboozled you, so let's sort these two & I'll duck out. The upside down Strat' is Jimi Hendrix, whose girlfriend was Kathy Etchingham & the band was Etchingham Steam Band.
Name that Fag paraphrases the last line of Roxy Musics Virginia Plain; “what's her Virginia Plain”, Virginian Plane was a type of cigarette tobacco. Sorry again, Mike.

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183368

LoSt me..when you said strat......I thought that was a violin.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183414

• John and Sue's Avatar Topic Author
  • John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Strad is the violin: Stradivari was the geezers name, not Stradivarius as is popularly thought.
Hendrix could play either hand round, but preferred a right handed Stratocaster strungfor a lefty, Or upside down.

Don't think even Jimi could get much of a tune from an upside down violin. Then again.....
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183415

Jimmi images.
Attachments:

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183416

Question...heres 2 images of a band...name that band!
Attachments:

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183418

That will be the Cult, Duffy and Astbury shown.
Saw them once in Brum, they really know how to get the audience to boogie!
The images look to be from about the time they released the "Love" album circa 1985 ish. That one contained the iconic "She Sells Sanctuary" track

You can easily tell because lead singer Ian Astbury looks like Johnny Depp AKA Jack Sparrow! He supposedly moulded that character on Rolling Stone Keith Richards, methinks it may have been Astbury all along!

Sundance

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183419

I new Sundance would answer that one....yes ....she sells sanctuary...love that track..

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183430

Ok, looks like I have to keep the ball rolling....well, lets stay with 1985 for a while, July 13th to be exact, and the global phenomenon that was Live aid.
I remember it well, I was an apprentice at the time and in the middle of a two week outward bound course in darkest Yorkshire. I had a Sinclair pocket TV and we had about 40 of us crowded around it to watch Geldof, Ure and U2 give it all!
SO my question is a two parter... who was the first band to open the event at Wembley and who played at both Wembley and the Philadelphia gigs on the same day? Google and Wikipedia cheating is not allowed, but you music trivia buffs should be able to get both of these "easy" questions!

Sundance

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183431

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
Quo and Phil Collins.

Always thought it strange that washed up and broke Geldof and co shared the stage with real superstars. Geldof now worth 50 million quid. Go figure....
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183432

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
One for guitar buffs:
Lester Polsfuss connection with guitar.

Lucky enough to have one meself.

Music... 6 years 3 months ago #183433

Nearly right on that one John n Sue, Quo were actually the second band on, the event was actually opened by the Coldstream guards who played the national anthem. Phil Collins did play at both events and was flown privately to the airport by Noel Edmonds in his chopper, then by Richard Branson over the Atlantic.
Strangely enough his last song was entitled "In the air tonight"

Sundance

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT