Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Centre console multi plugs 6 years 7 months ago #180933

I discovered an unattached multi plug tucked into a switch blank next to the rear fog switch when I started replacement of the centre console . Not sure if its for front fogs or hrw. I have a tf 115 which has a hardtop and hrw(not yet connected) and I have got some front fogs off ebay which I am fitting soon. So if this multi is for either of these its good news. Anyone know which, wires are green /black, black, red/black and orange/black
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Centre console multi plugs 6 years 7 months ago #180936

Black with orange tracer: Black: Black with a green tracer are HRW.
Red with a Black tracer is associated with the front fog, amongst other things.
Check out the circuit diagrams in the Community section, in a lot of cases you will find out more about what you are working on, which can make things easier for you further down the line.

Centre console multi plugs 6 years 7 months ago #180938

All models have the wiring for the heated rear window switch.

Black/orange and black/green are for the screen.

Red/black is the power for the switch illumination and black is the earth for the same.

All you need to do is fit the correct switch and a relay, there is a guide in the how to section.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stuart 56

Centre console multi plugs 6 years 7 months ago #180992

Invalid or non-existent item ID.I just did my heated rear window a few weeks ago. The relay I bought was a bargain:
5 PIN MICRO FOR MINI RELAY 12V 40a WITH RESISTOR PROTECTION CHANGEOVER MRY13
Buy It Now

Note, though that this relay is for an '04 TF. Earlier cars used a different relay. You can tell which you need from the different pin arrangement which you can see by looking at the socket it plugs into.

The switches seem to be expensive for some reason. I went for a remanufactured switch from MGF Mania. It worked fine but I had to 'adjust' it with a knife and small file to make it fit in the hole in the dash, which was a pain in the bum!

Last edit: Post by BruceTF135. Reason: typo!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.836 seconds