Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mgtf 135 2002 6 years 9 months ago #179252

Hi Guys , now here is a question for you, i have a standered exhaust with two lamdba sensors with the engine running i disconnected one of the connections, nothing didn't make any differance to the sound of the engine as for the exhaust still nothing so does that mean that the lamdba sensor needs changing ??:-? :-?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mgtf 135 2002 6 years 9 months ago #179276

Which one did you disconnect, pre or post cat?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

mgtf 135 2002 6 years 9 months ago #179277

i disconnected them one at a time there was no differance in engine sound and i still had a slight exhaust pop, it might just be me being picky but i have rebuilt this engine so many times that that slight pop is annoying , could it be that both lambda's need changing , car has only done 37,000 miles but had been stuck in the garage for a few years till i got time to rebuild it after the wife blew the engine up anyway could do with your expert help this is something i just can't get my head around

mgtf 135 2002 6 years 8 months ago #179340

The car will run quite happily with the second sensor disconnected or faulty.

It will also run with a dodgy first lambda sensor but the fuel consumption will be heavy.

Your best plan is to get an OBD2 reader and plug it into the diagnostic socket.

I use a bluetooth reader and torque app on my phone. You get fault codes and live data and can reset the engine management light.
David
:shrug:

mgtf 135 2002 6 years 8 months ago #179348

Hi Dave DAVID, i have an obd2 and it says there are no codes to read, but i can still hear that odd pop its slight but i do think i might have an idea what could be causing the pop , i think the inside of the exhaust is starting to break down, this would mimic the same problem and have us all thinking it was lambda sensors, the exhaust is about 10 years old.
I have put a lot of time into rebuilding this tf so its got to be perfect before i let her (wife ) sit in it again, not that i going to let her drive it lol

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: A missing letter was changing the meaning.

Re:mgtf 135 2002 6 years 8 months ago #179350

Could you be sucking in air through a joint in the exhaust that would cause a slight pop.

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Re:mgtf 135 2002 6 years 8 months ago #179351

If it is popping on the overrun it indicates a weak mixture. I be tempted to check in inlet manifold gasket and associated joints, maybe a split breather hose?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT