Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Stalled 3 times today - what to check? 6 years 9 months ago #179325

I'm back to thinking it's the IACV

It did stall again, with a full tank. Just the once, but I watched the idle and although it seemed smooth, it wasn't perfect, it would vary a little.

Anyway, I took the IACV off and cleaned it in brake cleaner - lots of black came out. I then put it all back together and reset the IACV and then it was loads worse. The idle was sat at 1500rpm.

I let the car warm up properly and rest the IACV again and then the idle was dead on 800 and idled lovely.

So far it hasn't stalled, but it gets such little use, its not really a fair test yet. I need to give it a few outings....

Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Stalled 3 times today - what to check? 6 years 8 months ago #179641

Update: I cleaned the IACV and it was fine for a day or two and then got worse. It would stall EVERY time I lifted off.

So I ordered a new one and fitted it today. Seems ok so far, but it performs differently. On lifting off, the revs drop to 1500, pauses there for a split second and then drops to 900. It's repeatable, it does it every time. Is that normal as it never did it before...

Nick

Stalled 3 times today - what to check? 6 years 8 months ago #179643

Did you do a tps reset?
If so, it sounds like your base idle setting is slightly too high.

To adjust it you need to locate the adjuster screw. It is positioned on top of the throttle body. A smallscrew pointing straight up. Sometimes it is covered by a plastic (no tamper)cover. Turn it a quarter turn anti clockwise(out).

Reset the tps and try the tickover again. It should come down quickly to1000 and slow as it reaches a stable 875.

Repeat as necessary.

If the tickover starts to wow or hunt you have gone too far
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NikTheGeek

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Sp

Stalled 3 times today - what to check? 6 years 8 months ago #179644

Having similar problems with my car at the moment. I have a spare IACV, changed it no difference. New plugs and coils,still no change. Just serviced the car too grrr.:rant:

Jon and Claire Norris are booked in for a visit.:lol:

Stalled 3 times today - what to check? 6 years 8 months ago #179645

Having similar problems with my car at the moment. I have a spare IACV, changed it no difference. New plugs and coils,still no change. Just serviced the car too grrr.:rant:

Jon and Claire Norris are booked in for a visit.:lol:

Let me know what it was to save me booking a visit! :)

Stalled 3 times today - what to check? 6 years 8 months ago #179648

Let me know what it was to save me booking a visit! :)

Will do, although it's not for a couple of weeks and my car is very chuggy at low revs and wont pull, so possibly a different fault.

Jon mentioned the lambda sensor could be the culprit when I spoke to him on the phone.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT