Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

New MGF suspension solution coming 6 years 9 months ago #179129

I've just regssed my spheres and I hope they are ok for some years but besides that it's good to see new solutions being developed:

http://www.mikesatur.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=81_90&product_id=833

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New MGF suspension solution coming 6 years 9 months ago #179148

just the 850 then !! Personally i think all his products are over priced, probably why he lives in a mansion with a trophy wife and a permanent tan !!

New MGF suspension solution coming 6 years 9 months ago #179150

at least Dick Turpin wore a mask..........................

New MGF suspension solution coming 6 years 9 months ago #179151

Cheaper than the other coil based alternatives I believe?
Robin ;)

New MGF suspension solution coming 6 years 9 months ago #179155

Steady on I've met the man he is a mine of information. And a good man at that we all have to make a living. If you don't like the price go find it somewhere else his products are good quality. So please have a bit of respect for someone who love's his MGs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

New MGF suspension solution coming 6 years 9 months ago #179156

at least Dick Turpin wore a mask..........................

You do have a choice!

You don't have to buy his products. :rant:

New MGF suspension solution coming 6 years 9 months ago #179158

It's good to see that Mike has a similar opinion on the Suplex 'coil in a can' as I do! :bat:

This does look a well engineered solution by someone who actually understands the problems. Costs are high but so is a Suplex kit and that is a design flawed system that will almost certainly fracture the rear top damper mounts.:bang:

Factor in that it is £850 plus VAT!
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

New MGF suspension solution coming 6 years 9 months ago #179159

sorry it is just that some on here don't have deep pockets, it is great to see someone putting in the time and effort into these cars, I admire him, but the price is steep for us 2nd class citizens, no I think if I had the money it would be an ideal mod,

New MGF suspension solution coming 6 years 9 months ago #179162

Suplex went off the market but is back on but now sold as an 'X-part' kit and the price has gone back up to £850/kit (inclusive VAT). I've seen fitted prices of around £1200. When I looked at the Aussie kit last year, it was going to be around £1200 plus fitting (but that was before the pound took a pounding). I think it's great that Mike Satur is going to offer another solution to this 'problem' and I expect it will be very well engineered. Given the lack of value in the cars, a kit that will cost you over a £1000 before fitting may not look like good sense but then I know someone who spent £20K on a Midget that was then 'worth' £9K when he sold it. I'm going to try re-gassing. The F is off to Telford next week for the Ian & Dawn Kennedy fix. It costs £480 inclusive which involves removing the units, de-gassing, fitting a valve, re-gassing, refitting then a hydragas pump-up. I'll let you know how I get on.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

New MGF suspension solution coming 6 years 9 months ago #179163

I think the price of the car doesn't come into it, people buy these cars because they like them, they are a hard car to work on in some aspects but isn't that the fun of it all, to bring them back to live again and give the fun factor, I had a mg midget rot box,but a fun car, now enjoying the hard work on the mgtf, hope to be on the road next year

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT