Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Driver side window 6 years 10 months ago #178433

The window, on the driver side of my Y reg MGF has gone out of alignment. It is stuck in the up position. When the down button is pressed it goes down about 5mm and stops. It is jamming against the sill at the lock side of the door. Does anyone have any ideas what I need to do to get into the mechanism and investigate re-aligning the window properly? I guess that I will have to remove the door panel first, and I am looking for advice on that too. Any suggestions would be gratefully received and humbly applied. Thanks folks.
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Driver side window 6 years 10 months ago #178434

WINDOWS AND GLASS
Door Window Cheater - Replacement guide.
Door windows - adjustment
Door Window Seals - Adjustment guide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Baird

Driver side window 6 years 10 months ago #178436

Sounds as if it's jumped the stop. That usually results in the window only coming down a small way until it hits the stop from the wrong direction!

There is an improved stop available from the usual places(Rimmers Brown and Gammon etc.) that helps prevent recurrence..

Taking off the door card and the inner waterproofing will allow you to see the offending article on the window glass. (bottom front corner)..You can usually persuade the window to pass the stop and go fully down again but it will happen again if you don't replace the stop itself.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Baird

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Driver side window 6 years 10 months ago #178437

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT