Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re:TF Lower Shock Absorber Bush? 6 years 7 months ago #180865

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Crikey!!! That is a fearsome looking piece of kit! I can see why it made the job easy. But I don't think it will fit in my garage - not with the car, anyway!

Thanks.

I wonder whether I could press them out and in using my 4" bench vice - like this one:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:TF Lower Shock Absorber Bush? 6 years 7 months ago #180872

It's not as big as it looks - quite compact in fact. I doubt a small vice will do it - they need a LOT of force to remove them..... the press feels like it's goign to explode then suddenly they 'pop' and start to move - then it's smooth going.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, BruceTF135

TF Lower Shock Absorber Bush? 6 years 7 months ago #180875

Thanks Adam couldn't resist. I've bought the press too. Can't wait to get them popping :broon:

TF Lower Shock Absorber Bush? 6 years 7 months ago #180929

Well, all done on the front one. These bushes(FSK7484) are correct for replacement on the lower shock absorbers, so I'm very happy :woohoo:
The hardest part for me was finding something large enough to press the bush out into. In the end I popped down to the local plumbers merchant and bought a 1.5" pipe connector, cut off the top and it worked a treat. Just the rear near side left to do but I'll save that for a rainy day.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.826 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT