Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mgtf 2002 135 compression test 7 years 1 month ago #176928

Hi Guys, need your help, to start with firing order 1-3-4-2 on 1 i have nearly 4 bar on 3 i have zip ,zero . on 4 i have 3 bar and on 2 i have almost 3 bar i pluged in my obd2 and it said a misfire on cylinder 2 problem is there is no compression at all, so do you think its a valve problem or something else ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mgtf 2002 135 compression test 7 years 1 month ago #176937

Hi Guys, need your help, to start with firing order 1-3-4-2 on 1 i have nearly 4 bar on 3 i have zip ,zero . on 4 i have 3 bar and on 2 i have almost 3 bar i pluged in my obd2 and it said a misfire on cylinder 2 problem is there is no compression at all, so do you think its a valve problem or something else ?

To recap

1 = 4 bar
2 = almost 3 bar
3 = zero
4 = 3 bar

OBD2 says misfire on 2

It is possibly 2 separate problems.

It would also help to know which version of which engine and which gearbox you have.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chocolateballs15

mgtf 2002 135 compression test 7 years 1 month ago #176944

Now you know that you've got no compression on #3, You'll be needing to pull the head anyway so you'll find out if it's a valve then.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

mgtf 2002 135 compression test 7 years 1 month ago #176945

Forgive me, but you are counting the cylinders from the right end aren't you? It seems odd that obd2 says you have misfire on 2 but you have no compression on 3. If you are counting the wrong way, then 2 becomes 3 and vice versa.

My sincere apologies if I'm off the wall here :dry:
Robin ;)

mgtf 2002 135 compression test 7 years 1 month ago #176947

thanks guys for getting back to me, engine is 1.8 and manual gearbox it's not vvc, but your right i am going to have to drop the subframe again and pull the engine out, take the head off and find out what's going on, i wouldn't mind so much but i have just done the head, belt ect and now this, i have a nasty feeling its going to be a valve, i don't see any air in the coolant so i recon it's a valve or a leaking piston ring....

mgtf 2002 135 compression test 7 years 1 month ago #176949

You can normally test for piston ring wear by putting a drop of oil in each cylinder and remeasure the compression. If the compression increases then the rings are passing.
However as you have no compression this might not help!

Why take the engine out?

First just start stripping from the top end, and you might spot something with the cam cover removed.
Then take head off if you need to.

Even if it is a piston/liner problem, then that can be done with engine in car.

Peter

mgtf 2002 135 compression test 7 years 1 month ago #177014

Hi, Yep i could do it with the engine in situ, but having hands like shovels does not help. so just going to drop it wheel it into the garage where i can work on it, start with taking the head off turning it upside down filing with petrol and see if it leaks that will tell me if its a valve and i will sort out anything else while its out , but thanks for getting back to me

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT