Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171500

Having recently bought a late MGTF and joined T-Bar, I find myself catagorised as a 'Novice MGer' - what a joke!
If you are under 50yrs old, I was working on MG's TR's and a host of other vehicles of that time before you were born!
Having served an MV apprenticeship and owned many, many cars, I'm not a Novice at anything car-related.
New Member - certainly. Novice - on yer bike!! :bat:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171501

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Seriously?

It's not meant as a judgement of your abilities, it is more aimed at whether other members can trust your advice.

This is earned by giving good advice etc.

We need a way of determining who gives good, safe and friendly advice from the "Paint your car seats with emulsion" and "Grease your brake discs" brigade.

I'm sure you are an accomplished mechanic and have vast experience, but I'm also sure that you can appreciate that not many people on here know you personally.

I look forward to you gaining "your wings" in very short time and hope you can share your knowledge with the rest of us. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, Winko

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171502

This forum is car related,reading your above post you seem like a novice on car forums :P

Welcome to the T Bar :welcome:

Try not to take things on here to seriously,we're a friendly bunch if you give us a chance ;)

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171503

im a novice..........welcome to the novice club.. but im classed has a senior mger,does that mean im a old git........... :woohoo: :woohoo:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171504

this makes you clever and old, when it comes to mechanical matters i'm not even a novice !!

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171563

Seriously? Not particularly, just a little dig at T-Bars terminology.
'New Member' would make more sense, then no-one is catagoriesed as something other than what they are.
I'll work hard on earning my stripes - promise!

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171564

Certainly if there's an Old Git cub, I'm in!! Been honing my skills for many years, that's something I'm definitely not a novice at!

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171580

I knew you were joking... ;) :dry:

Seriously, we 'ummed and ahhed' about what to call members as they progressed through the forum.

We didn't want to be boring and have the obvious set, starting with new member. :nonod:

Really, the titles reflect only the amount of posting you have done. You will soon progress to be an apprentice! Not sure that's more agreeable for you, though. :dry:
David
:shrug:

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171584

I like being a "senior" mger and am wondering what's next.

Advanced mger??

Doddering old mger??

It wasn't like that in my day mger??

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171587

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Eleven Posts to go then you become a Master MGer - 5000 posts is your next target, followed by 10000.
We've also got a VIP Rank we can give out, which I'd completely forgotten about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Lawrence

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171601

Ooh, I haven't been an apprentice since I was 17! Can I be an apprentice old git please? You may have to introduce a new category.

Novice MGer? 7 years 8 months ago #171611

It's just a forum title, I'm a master grade technician and MOT tester, 25years motor trade service, built 1000bhp drag strip engines, mechaniced for a 8.7sec 1/4 team. I've worked for Honda's castrol rally team, but I'm a novice on here don't mean a thing don't let it offend you sir. Welcome to the MG family.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT