Sign In   Register

Topic

Bleeding brakes! 7 years 9 months ago #169705

i purchased a split pipe easi bleed kit ....cost about £1.49 from my local motorfactors....ive never used it yet as i bought the one man kit from halfords at the same time.....

like mentioned before it as a blockd end with a split in the pipe...with no more than a rivet pushed in the end

it is made by a company called mafco.......i prefer the europat pipe from halfords because it worked well and had a atachment that pressed over the nipple to prevent the pipe coming off and a tight seal for different size nipples.and clear piping to see air bubbles
since buying the split pipe version of a one man bleed pipe ...ive spotted them on ebay for £1.98..
Quality Car Auto Automatic Brake Clutch Bleed Bleeding Tube Pipe 300mm
Completed
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Bleeding brakes! 7 years 9 months ago #169739

i have seen some one way bleed nipples to fit to the calipers..replacing the old type...anyone out there tried these out?
Attachments:

Bleeding brakes! 7 years 9 months ago #169761

I tried some of them long ago on a Capri! They worked for a while but seized up within a year.
Although , they might be better made nowadays.:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Bleeding brakes! 7 years 9 months ago #169814

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Gravity is free...... at the moment anyway. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Bleeding brakes! 7 years 9 months ago #169817

Attachments:

Bleeding brakes! 7 years 9 months ago #169860

Had some time today and changed the brake fluid - dark stuff out, light stuff in. I used the £4.99 vizibleed non-return valve and it worked fine.

Thanks for all the hints.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Bleeding brakes! 6 years 1 month ago #184340

Dear All,

I always get stressed when spring is approaching and I have to prepare my cars to take them out of the garage; especially when I am thinking about the change of the brake fluid. As this is a job that has to be done about every 3 years I always forget how to do it, and never understand why and how to do it. This time I took time to do some research and put it in a Power Point, in the following link you will find the result: https://1drv.ms/p/s!ApWbx7Hwi1eW3mrReU0TMVZYhyyo

I hope you will enjoy the presentation,

Rik
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, cairnsys

Bleeding brakes! 6 years 1 month ago #184346

hi, rich done mine with an ezzey bleed as I had to change all the brake pipes, and the clutch pipe from front to rear, takes a bit of time doing it on your own but well worth it and a money saver just remember to snip up the nipple when your air suction runs low,:clap:

Bleeding brakes! 6 years 1 month ago #184348

Hi All

Well all of you have given me the courage to attempt this messy task by myself, with the possible help of the Halfords solution. However still be strongly pulled to talkingcars solution ...... get the garage to do it!

Will sleep on it!

Robert

Bleeding brakes! 6 years 1 month ago #184351

Thank you Graham,

I always used the two men or the vacuum method. I now will try the pressure method with the Sealey pressure vessel VS820.v4. I tried it without brake fluid and was not able to pressurise it. There was a leak at the filling cap, After putting a little bit silicon grease on the seal of the cap it held pressure for more than 12 hours.

Rik

Bleeding brakes! 6 years 1 month ago #184352

Shouldn't take that long to do :lol: :whistle: :broon:

Bleeding brakes! 6 years 1 month ago #184355

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.102 seconds