• Page:

Topic

never moan about working on tf ever again. 8 years 1 month ago #166602

• tommy's Avatar Topic Author
  • tommy
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi all,
owned TF for two years now, I have fitted aircon, new timing belt, new wishbones, central locking, rear speakers home made rear hoops, mde and fitted new front sub frame mounts, altered headlights to left hand drive and lots more.
Enjoyed doing all of it but then i decided on new project this year so i bought a Audi a6 2.5 tdi.
I think when the Germans made these cars they decided that they would use a childs hand to gauge the distance around the engine bay and inbetween all componants.
As these engines suffer from bad oil leaks due to breather system getting blocked as it makes sense to put a filter in the midle of the v engine under the erg valve and under the diesel feed pipes and fit a non self bleed fuel system.
My point is never again will i moan about working on the TF.
Lovely little car :broon:
Regards Tommy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

never moan about working on tf ever again. 8 years 1 month ago #166603

Totally agree . MG/Rover never had zillions to spend on design unlike VAG but .........aarrgghh !

never moan about working on tf ever again. 8 years 1 month ago #166609

Never been a fan of working on any VAG stuff, worst job I done was new manifolds on a 2004 RS4 never again!! Now I'm on Renaults! They genuinely have no idea how to build cars, my little MGF is user friendly it all feels familiar and nice to navigate around.

never moan about working on tf ever again. 8 years 1 month ago #166610

I can remember opening a car bonnet and having acres of room but as the 60s went to 70s things got worse than the 80s worse still as for now :woowoo:
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

never moan about working on tf ever again. 8 years 1 month ago #166682

I changed the head gasket and timing belt on my daughter's Ford Contour (Mondeo to you Brits)
In spite of it being FWD the clearance between the timing cover and the belts was less than my MGF's
and it was a horrible job! Luckily that car is long gone now. (And her new car has a warranty :woohoo: )

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT