Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

T BAR bulkhead silver trimmed speaker grilles. 8 years 7 months ago #162593

This is a new one on me anybody know any different?
I was after a new black ash bulkhead trim .

I have never saw the silver ring around speaker grille edged in silver i have a few so it is not a one off.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

T BAR bulkhead silver trimmed speaker grilles. 8 years 7 months ago #162595

Maybe a planned upgrade that never got released?

I did my door speakers like it using silver paint and some masking take to cover the grilles while spraying:

T BAR bulkhead silver trimmed speaker grilles. 8 years 7 months ago #162601

I think Mike Satur made alloy push-on rings for all the speaker surounds.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

T BAR bulkhead silver trimmed speaker grilles. 8 years 7 months ago #162602

I driled every other perimeter dimple and screwed a tiny ss button headed screw into it. I'll get a photo and add it here. i think it makes a nice effect.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

T BAR bulkhead silver trimmed speaker grilles. 8 years 7 months ago #162608

N

Richard

Yeah he did, I had them on my old TF the quality was excellent but I felt they were rather bulky and they stuck on, I was never that convinced by them tbh but that's just my taste.
Thanks

Alan

T BAR bulkhead silver trimmed speaker grilles. 8 years 7 months ago #162610

These was manufactured for the chinese built TFS. The Part number EQY100660CAI does not show on any x part or any parts list.
They are not push on trims,they are painted very well aswell no feathered edges.
I think Adam may be on the right lines, maybe a enhancement that never got released.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Re:T BAR bulkhead silver trimmed speaker grilles. 8 years 7 months ago #162616

Don't see the use of making rear speakers look better: they are behind the seats anyway (unless you're a midget). Like the silverlined door speakers though!

T BAR bulkhead silver trimmed speaker grilles. 8 years 7 months ago #162617

N

Richard

Yeah he did, I had them on my old TF the quality was excellent but I felt they were rather bulky and they stuck on, I was never that convinced by them tbh but that's just my taste.

Alan, I know what you mean - I've been taking off much of the bling I put on in a fit of mis-guided enthusiasm. I've even taken off the Satur clutch & brake covers as I think the extra grip from the original rubber is worth it with wet shoes - I've kept the throttle cover on though as it is better than the original and bolts on securely. Two Satur items I will keep for ever are the alloy door scuff plates and the alloy minor switch surround which makes it much easier to locate the switches than the black-on-black. Since this photo I've also ditched the alloy gear knob and fitted a Mk1 'leather' knob which has a better shape and doesn't stick to your hand in the cold.

Do you still have the TF....it's not on Gumtree I see?

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Blow-in.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT