Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162457

Annoying rattles where are yours ? I've got one driving me crazy and can't find it thort it was loose coolant pipes as it sounds like pipe striking checked but mine are tight, it only seems to come on or noticeable when I'm on a slightly uneven road surfaces, pot holes and going slow under 3omph

Please Log in to join the conversation.

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162458

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Does the Wife count as an annoying rattle :lol:

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162459

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
don't go below 30 mph.
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162460

One of the funniest rattles I cured by accident was when I went to reset the window heights and discovered a spare window loom laying in the bottom of the door, I suspect from new as the motors looked original! Once i removed that and the obligatory other derbies I lost the rattle! :woowoo:

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162461

Does the Wife count as an annoying rattle :lol:

Yeah it would

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162462

Defently from the exterior of the cab far to loude to be standard loose things in the cab - Brakes anti rattle shims reckon it could be those slipped loose ?

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162463

Mine's from the left hand side hood mechanism just after youv'e lowered it or raised it - been in there innumerable times and nothing's loose. Only saving grace is that it eventually dissapears after lowering the hood, and that's how it usually stays!
What's that black canvas thing behind the seats for?

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162466

I used to get one in my first car from the passanger side so I would ask any passager to look for it but they could never hear it, turned out to be the passanger seat.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162516

My cat rattles against the cross member, thats the exhaust and not the moggy. i can't see a way of adjusting it either apart from taking it off and bending the he hanger by about 5mm to lift it a bit.

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162552

I have one in the passenger door, and one somewhere on the rear left side... more of a knocking sound as if the shock is loose. Could be the exhaust bouncing about.

And I have a very annoying sound like a dry joint moving.... goes away in the wet too!

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162554

Rear knocking over bumps coudl be the compliance bush on that side - a well known issue in TFs. Cheap rubber + lots of stress = failure!

annoying rattles 8 years 7 months ago #162565

My annoying rattle/noise comes from the left of me. It gets worse on a cool day especially when the hood is down it generally lasts for the first 15 minutes and then blends into the background if not I put an ear plug in my left ear. Job sorted (hopefully the missus won't read this post). :spank:

:beer: :beer: Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, roy gill

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT