Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

HELP!! Boot lid electrical issues! 8 years 8 months ago #161983

Good afternoon all, having some new member blues!! Bought a TF boot lid to go on my F, bolt on part so I'd heard, problem is the wiring! There are 4 wires coming from the car (green and black, red and black, red and purple and purple) when I removed the lid there were some black wires that weren't attached at either end too, on the new boot lid there are more wires! Green and black, red and black and the purple are all connected but I am left with 2 red and purple ones coming off the boot lid. Something has obviously gone amiss!! I looked down at the loom and it looks like there are 2/3 black wires that have bare ends, should they both go into the boot lid? If so, what do they match to? Any help greatly received!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HELP!! Boot lid electrical issues! 8 years 8 months ago #161985

The black wires will all be earth wires as to where they belong, I can't help.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

HELP!! Boot lid electrical issues! 8 years 8 months ago #161986

I think the only electrical items in the boot lid normally are the 3rd brake light and the interior light. Can you check the wiring colours for these in both your old & new lids then connect the new one the same as the old? Extra earth wires can just be joined together and taken to an earth connection.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

HELP!! Boot lid electrical issues! 8 years 8 months ago #161989

This is a great resource for wiring diagrams:

http://www.mgfcar.de/schedules/index.htm

Here are a couple of diagrams:

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Blow-in.

HELP!! Boot lid electrical issues! 8 years 8 months ago #161990

Looking at the above the Purple & Purple & Red seem to be for the boot light and for switching the alarm. The brake light looks like Green & Purple. These schematics show the electrical sense of the connections rather than the physical location of the connections which might explain why there are so many wires if the connections happen outside of the boot lid. So you probably need to play around a bit to check that the brake light, the interior light and the alarm disarming when you open the boot with the alarm set (ie car locked) using the key. It's the alarm that would worry me as you don't want to upset it. I'm guessing that any colour discrepancies will be because your TF lid comes from a later car that uses the Pektron rather than the Lucas 5AS.

Richard

HELP!! Boot lid electrical issues! 8 years 8 months ago #161992

Hi and welcome to the forum

Can you not just transfer the wiring in the F lid to the TF lid?

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

HELP!! Boot lid electrical issues! 8 years 8 months ago #161993

There are wiring diagrams on here in colour - they are in the download section under the community tab at the top of the page.

HELP!! Boot lid electrical issues! 8 years 8 months ago #161994

Has the TF lid been fitted with a remote release?

HELP!! Boot lid electrical issues! 8 years 8 months ago #162014

Have you cut the loom?, the part is bolt on, and when you take off the old lid you only need to slip the existing loom out then re-feed back into the new lid. When you pull the loom back in the wires are self explanatory as to where they go. in short use your original loom in the TF lid B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

HELP!! Boot lid electrical issues! 8 years 8 months ago #162018

Hi, thanks for all your feedback, unfortunately loom was cut in a moment of haste :( At the weekend I will see if I can figure it out from the wiring diagrams, if not I may go with trying the old wiring and putting it in the new boot lid, thanks!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT