Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160149

Hi guys I have searched for this answer but been unable to find the answer I seek.I bought a 2004 TF 135 a couple of weeks ago my first MG.When reversing car into garden in the dark the brake lights seemed dim.Next day in daylight an investigation took place it transpired that the all the boot lid loom wires were broken.After stripping the loom back I have found 2 purple and red wires and 2 black wires anyone have a diagram so I can identify which corresponding black or purple/red goes where?.To match up correct wires.Not wishing to connect incorrectly as it appears from the comments on this forum the electrics are tempermental at best.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160153

:welcome2:
Well all the blacks are earths so that halves the problem.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160154

Hi and welcome to the forum

The blacks are earts so it doesn't matter which way round they are, I suspect that the same applies to the purple/red but I shall check.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160156

Sorry, the only diagrams I have on my laptop only cover the F.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160157

The TF wiring diagrams are available for download under Community.
David

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160176

Thanks all for replies I had suspected blacks to be earth and continuity tested them it was the purple/reds which were of more interest having now connected them the boot light still doesn't work although there is a live fed from purple wire. Earth other side of lamp and it works the dash warning lamp doesn't come on either..I am assuming that the purple/red wires go back to a control unit.Since connecting wires the alarm now sounds when boot is opened which it didn.t before.

Last edit: Post by bobw. Reason: typo

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160179

That probably means there's still an issue because the alarm should NOT sound when you open the boot with the key.

Mine has recently started sounding and is on my list of jobs to fix.
David

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160182

There could be multiple breaks in those brittle wires. I cut out a few inches around the breaks on Felix when I did them, and added extra wire so that the loop was much longer and had less bending.... worked a treat since.

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160194

Ok have been out this morning to fit reversing sensors after completing this I have rechecked the boot wiring againSo far I have checked continuity to all wires from break (which has now been rejoined) to the other end all ok.The boot key microswitch is in open position when key removed and when key is turned switch is closed causing purple /red wire to ground.Both purple/red and purple wires have a 12v current when car is in unlocked condition therefore boot light cannot illuminate being fed with 12v either side.Neither going to earth.A quick fix for this would just to fit old fashioned plunger switch and remove purple/red feed.The only other thing to try I suppose would be change purple/red wire connections.The alarm going off when boot opened in itself I can live with.

David I couldn't find schematic wiring diagram perhaps I am looking in wrong place?.

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160195

http://www.the-t-bar.com/media/kunena/attachments/108/MG-TF-Electrical-Circuit-Diagrams.pdf
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: bobw

TF boot lid wiring diagram as all wires broken!!! 8 years 10 months ago #160308

Ok an update problem now solved after checking wiring diagram thanks to David. The boot catch switch for boot light which I have found in the lock was the the culprit removed cleaned and refiited.All now working as they should.Thanks for all the help and pointing me to the right places for the written info.Just hope this car is not like a few proper mini's we used to own , drive today repair tomorrow
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT