Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154432

Hi All. I bought a TF yesterday and when I got it home decided to change the batteries in both key alarm key fobs. Now neither of them work and I can't unlock the car. If I unlock the drivers door using the car, the alarm is activated. I've searched online and tried all the suggested methods - removing the battery, pressing both buttons to discharge any remaining power then standing next to the car and pressing either button several times. Nothing I've tried works, it's really frustrating, I've got a lovely new car parked outside and I can't drive it. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. The key fob is the round type.Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154433

That's very strange as the round (Pektron) fobs don't sync they are programmed to the ecu, so theoretically when you change the battery they should just work.

Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154436

Maybe this will help.

Attachments:

Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154438

:welcome2:

The new batteries could be duff. I've had it happen before. Have you still got the old batteries? Try swapping them back. Also I have had issues with both fobs together causing an alarm issue . Make sure one is away from the car.:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154458

Looking at Sithmaull's post on overriding the imobiliser system, I realised that I haven't got the access code for my car that I have just bought.
Is there a way of obtaining this info?

Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154459

Looking at Sithmaull's post on overriding the imobiliser system, I realised that I haven't got the access code for my car that I have just bought.

MGRovercodes.com can supply your code online by sending your VIN and registration. Not sure if there's a charge as it's not clear on their website. They charge £20 for MGF eka codes but there's no mention of cost for the TF
Robin ;)

Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154464

Assuming you purchased the car from a dealer can you not just ring them and say that the key fobs have stopped working? naturally forgetting to mention that you have tampered with them in anyway? surely some form of warranty came with the car? Therefore it should be upto them to fix this problem, failing that how about RAC or your breakdown service?

Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154465

Seems it's sorted (as reported over on another forum) - batteries were in upside down.... we've all been there! LOL

Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154467

Ah lol, oh well. Easy mistake to make. Glad its fixed though.

Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154470

MGRovercodes.com can supply your code online by sending your VIN and registration. Not sure if there's a charge as it's not clear on their website. They charge £20 for MGF eka codes but there's no mention of cost for the TF

Or Remobilise offer the same service. Anyone with a T4 or T300 can recover the EKA code and also change it to something more memorable if required.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Can't unlock car 9 years 4 months ago #154471

Anyone with a T4 or T300 can recover the EKA code and also change it to something more memorable if required.

Didn't know that was possible! COOL

Hopefully pcscan.eu will start adding programming features to their interface at some point.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT