Sign In   Register

Topic

The MGF Panther 5 years 8 months ago #187609

The Rear Subframe was removed today and scrapped.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The MGF Panther 5 years 8 months ago #187610

The Rear subframe to go back In once assembly finished.

Powder coated clutch slave bracket with new bolts
Powder coated gearbox angle bracket with new bolts
pair reconditioned top arms new needle bearings, new pin, new grease nipple and all painted
powder coated rear subframe
powder coated a brand new gearbox main arm and all new bolts
2 powder coated hydrogas surrounds with new bolts
Powder coated engine steady with new bolts
Powder coated engine strap with new bolts
New engine Mount KKB101890
New Gearbox Mount KKB101820
New engine support arm
2 x new RGG103680 trailing arms
4 x new RYF100260 washers
2 x RGZ100050 track control arms
4 x stainless subframe mounts
2 x RGB100540 tie bar assemblies
4 x RGX100470 inner bushes

Attachments:

The MGF Panther 5 years 8 months ago #187611

Brand New unused gearbox G RATIO pg1 fitted.
Brand New AP Clutch Fitted and AP Slave Cylinder
Brand New Starter Motor genuine Bosch. NAD101340
New thermostat PEM 10025
Few other Ancilliaries to fit Stainless Steel water hoses New vvc coil packs New water hoses PEH100940 PEH000090
New Belt pump and tensioner the usual.
Stayed with original VVC Engine and original engine numbers and mostly OE parts for the purist, finding a original new Magnetti Marelli Alternator is proving a challenge.

Top arm hydrogas knuckles to replace and source , have new OE LUCAS Brake calipers hoses discs Monroe OE shocks to fit when it gets bolted back up to body a bit of a clean up of paint inside engine bay next.

Attachments:

The MGF Panther 4 years 2 months ago #192501

Hi,
It as been a few years since the refurbishment work was undertaken but this weekend the Panther as for the first time since the old subframes was dropped drove out of the Workshop under its own steam.

Finally rid of them Rotton Subframes and Suspension rid of most things apart from Hydrogas spheres and original engine

Also all underbody rear engine bay brake lines from calipers fully replaced prior to Subframe going back up since last post lots of work gone in and thousands £££ of Brand New parts previously listed

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, cairnsys

The MGF Panther 3 years 11 months ago #193205

Hi,
Hope everybody is in good health regards to coronavirus.
A little update
Going for paint job. Last time I took for mot a few years ago when I first had it prior to strip down I had a plate welded on offside rear quarter and advisory on nearside rear quarter.
As pictures show behind kit as took its toll from when it was in use by previous owners it’s been inside all of my ownership mainly in bits lol.
The shell and floor itself is solid so are the front sills just the wings and rear arches where it been holding water behind kit from when it was used
Have two front new wings going on and rear quarters.
Lots of money and time gone into this and no corners cut, nearly at the finish line and look forward to taking it to shows in the future when it is deemed it is safe and are all allowed out.
Regards
Glenn
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Forrester, Keymaster

The MGF Panther 3 years 11 months ago #193221

Fantastic photos and record of the renovation Glenn, I wish I had the time, motivation, capability and money all at the same time to embark on a project like this.
Can you give us a clue approximately as to how much it would cost at retail prices to do this, approx. man hours, and was the body kit specially made for your car?

The MGF Panther 3 years 11 months ago #193231

Hi,
Never counted hours its been a bit stop start tend to spend a bit of time working out where you was at last initially when left a while.

Had Jon Norris & Claire (Rough Luck Racing) down yesterday to whip head off check liners and new Headgasket. The engine I wanted to keep with the original numbers as i do have a old stock unused VVC Engine i could have used.

Costs i will try and work out at the end i never kept a record so will need to backtrack on that but some parts that spring to mind on a whim below.

Retail or Trade prices obviously vary depending on seller although many parts new used on this rebuild are NLA. The front Subframe, AP 4 pot Calipers with Genuine discs, Steering Rack, Front Hubs Shocks, Wishbones that clears a £1000 easy all new.
The Roof was selling circa £500 to £800 when i fitted a few years ago.
The wheels new i used to sell for around £500 going back a few years. G ratio PG1 Gearbox £450 Rear Quarters was close on £500.
The Rear subframe rebuild requires a bit of adding up.The Leather seats are new they used to clear £600 a pair new when i add them in stock .
Lots of little parts to work out.

The Kit was manufactured by Krafthaus not OE For MGR, believed to of been made for Stephen Palmers MGF Cheetah creation or SP Performance package back in the mid to late nineties,

The MGF Panther 3 years 10 months ago #193531

As anybody tried the stainless type PEP102231.
Noticed a slight leak underneath yesterday when I moved car.

Turns out to be the internal heater pipes, The leak appeared at rear of tunnel, now removed and looking for some feedback on the stainless type.
Attachments:

The MGF Panther 3 years 9 months ago #193824

Rear quarters coming out the inner skins are very good.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Bob, Forrester, Keymaster

The MGF Panther 3 years 7 months ago #194172

Finally running perfect after that thorn in the side corroded internal heater pipe was renewed, changing the pipes is very fiddly and time consuming.
The rear quarter body panels and Front wings have been replaced, the panels that was rotten behind kit are no more the cills and panels are now where I wanted them and ready for paint shop.
Starting to see light at the end of tunnel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, cairnsys, Bertl, sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

The MGF Panther 3 years 3 weeks ago #195446

Coming back from bodyshop the weekend with full new paint and kit fixed properly.
stayed with original silver MNX paint

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mowog73, Bob, sworkscooper, SundanceUK, Sims

The MGF Panther 3 years 3 weeks ago #195463

Delivered back from paintshop today. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT