Sign In   Register

Topic

The MGF Panther 9 years 7 months ago #147845

Thought it was at first it was one of steve palmers cheetahs up for sale,would of bought it if it had the charger and original wheels.
Been after one for years with no luck.
Turns out its a panther
MGF PANTHER (Build 6 of 6)
Completed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #147846

Isn't that the one that Jay had?

Thread on dot org ages ago about how it's the most modified F in existence
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #147854

Isn't that the one that Jay had?

Thread on dot org ages ago about how it's the most modified F in existence

That'd be an interesting read. Link anyone? :whistle:

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #147857

Seller states on ebay listing, running at 160 so not much modding engine wise I would have thought.
I Initially thought this had a TT charger fitted at some point,not fitted originally on the panthers but got mixed up after reading a post last year.
One of the owners of this car posted on mgf register last year about a mgf with a TT215 charger with problems.
Looking back at the post and refreshing my memory It was another mgf he owned at the same time as the panther.

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #147859

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis

That'd be an interesting read. Link anyone? :whistle:

Maybe this one?
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Diesel Destroyer

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #147865

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Its jays old one

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #147877

That was the last Panther to be made and the only one using a Mk2 F, I did some research recently about the six panthers that were built. have the VIN numbers but could only find two. Think there are only two Cheetahs left, or were when MGE did an article about three years ago.

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #147894

Yes the same guy did own them two both with the chargers missing,Believe there is a anthracite one fully working somewhere.
Most likely had the fifth injector original ecu removed and the engine reworked for it to be still working i think the cheetahs still ran on vvc pistons :oops:
The exact figures on the Cheetah are a bit sketchy .I think some were sold with just the kit and exhaust some sold without the charger.

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148208

After a week of digging I today bought the panther, £3500 was a bit steap for me so pleased my offer was excepted .Plan to change the green and black leather for black,i am not convinced them alloys are to my taste.Not something i will drive but for nostalgia added to my collection.

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148376

Thread on dot org ages ago about how it's the most modified F in existence[/quote]

That'd be an interesting read. Link anyone? :whistle:[/quote]

Yes well its definetly not the most modified.
Got on the ramp for a closer look not complaining its still a rare car,and as problems associated with a lot of mgfs this age.
The subframes and suspension look they been in the North sea most definetly will be refurbing them.
The only Mods i can find mechanically are the 4 2 1 manifold and aftermarket cold air filter and cold feed.The original SP backbox is still there.
The suspension Is standard.
The Interior heater knobs are not MIKE SATUR they are chines repos it as a start button which you need to engage the ignition with key before starting (pointless).
It does have the electric roof which needs attention.
However the drivetrain was nice and smooth it has lots of reciepts with recent headwork and previous owners reciepts indicate they have spent a lot of money on it.on the way home,the suspension and steering terrible.
Will be refitting some subframes when the time allows but for the moment a TF rack with some new track rod ends ball joints and the suspension revised.

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148386

Remember reading the original posts (before they were edited by poster) about how much quicker it was due to the 'race head' only for Jon Norris to discover head was stock when HGF occurred..

Also some claims about the superior suspension mods and custom work.. I asked for pics/specs etc and 'the car is too low to measure' was the reply..

Same with the super sport one.. I asked several questions about ARB diameter.. Drop link spec and brake set up.. All to be ignored..

Look forward to the pics after you have worked your magic :broon:
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Panther for sale 9 years 7 months ago #148391

:lol: Perhaps somebody got carried away when they saw the motorsport sticker on boot,which was quickly removed by me.The lights are not trophy somebody painted the inners. They have left the lights on car ,removed the glass lens and got just as much black spray on the slam panel. The side repeaters are a funky shape and Jon been out to the car a few times most recently end of july to for some split engine hoses.
The front bumper as been resprayed it is a different shade to the rest of car ideally i would like to take the kit off and see whats happened behind.
There is no point in me papering over cracks and probably not doing the car any justice with my online comments for the world to view it would be easy to fit some black seats repair the roof ,remove the start button replace the cracked dash replace some balljoints and bushes here refurb the alloys and a quick blowover then advertise it on the internet for £1500 more than i paid for it
Was advertised at £3500 as we all know,not a crime for somebody to make a profit but seem as it was up for sale considerably less last time,i took into account jon popped out for a repair the seller taxed mot new rear brakes and saw it as £2200 it was the sellers right to put up for sale at whatever he wanted so glad he excepted my offer,which is ridiculous for a 1999 mgf in this average condition normally,but all said and done it is a rare panther and it has a full sort after krafthaus kit made me want to save it.

I dont sell MGF or TFS havent done for years reason being for me to sell a car it as to be perfect and with the falling prices you cannot buy one at a trade price put the things right to the level i expect and sell on at a profit.Too many sold on the basis of head gasket renewed which on the grand scale is just one of many issues that need rectifying on most.
There are still some nice ones left that rightly command higher prices but at the moment the market for a customer prepared to pay the premium for a good one seems very low.
Church Square Autos for example is the feedback i keep hearing as a good place to go.
to be happy with the panther a complete strip down is what it needs once i finish my green MGF, and probably put a red TF i been doing which needs a bit of finishing to one side
Allan you understand the time it takes to do a rebuild including subframes respray and and at the moment we are that busy i only have saturdays and a few hours in the week to work on my own projects.
However i will not make excuses this car is next on my list, i finishing my green one which is coming on nicely down the paint shop and the panther which is already bugging me will be next.

Time to create page: 1.230 seconds