Sign In   Register

Topic

The MGF Panther 9 years 2 days ago #157903

I think it looks spot on with the rims and grey roof .. top job its coming on a treat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The MGF Panther 9 years 22 hours ago #157940

Sorry but I prefer the black roof. She is looking stunning. I can only imagine what she would look like if Flame Red or Trophy Yellow .............................. sorry sliver just does not do it for me.

The sun is out so hope you manage to get to POL ............................. me have some runnign around to do then it's back to fiddling with the 75th. Am routing the new S/S braided hoses and once I ge then right and secured out of harms way can then fit the new proper caliper bolts and the new front brakes will be complete. Whilst not original at least the AP's 2 pots are MG marked and a logical upgrade.

The MGF Panther 8 years 11 months ago #157981

The car is looking good i like the grey hood its different cant say i have seen many if any with that option. Those wheels really go with the car too. :broon:
Thanks

Alan

The MGF Panther 8 years 11 months ago #157983

I'm fine with the grey roof. I have the 16 inch square spokes on my F and I think they are just the best. However, I also have the standard brake set-up (which has never caused my any concerns) so what spacer did you have to fit withe the APs?

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

The MGF Panther 8 years 11 months ago #158420

Sorry but I prefer the black roof. She is looking stunning. I can only imagine what she would look like if Flame Red or Trophy Yellow .............................. sorry sliver just does not do it for me.

The sun is out so hope you manage to get to POL ............................. me have some runnign around to do then it's back to fiddling with the 75th. Am routing the new S/S braided hoses and once I ge then right and secured out of harms way can then fit the new proper caliper bolts and the new front brakes will be complete. Whilst not original at least the AP's 2 pots are MG marked and a logical upgrade.

I will sit on the fence with trophy yellow however the next mgf i bring back from the graveyard after the green one is going to be all being well a flame red mark 1.OE original refurb for the purist.

I was considering contacting sithmaul when that red one got broken it looked a good shell but i didnt have room at the time.
Changing the colour of the panther will take away the originality and history but agreed would look nice red.
POL was a cracking day the weather was fantastic thankyou.
Turns out that grey roof is a very rare spark edition i getting used to it but the black looked just as good.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

The MGF Panther 8 years 11 months ago #158421

There is a Solar Red Mk2 F being broken ........................................ don't kow why but the photos of it looks in good condition. In the F/S section of >org and the MGF register forums.

I can understad not every one likes bright yellow ................................................... I do and always have loved the colour.

The MGF Panther 8 years 11 months ago #158599

I'd like to know what spacer you needed to get the 6 spoke rims over the 4 pot ap calipers and what did it do to the handling of the car. (I'd like to mount 2pots on abingdon wheels but i am reluctant to the size of spacers and the effect on the handling...)

The MGF Panther 8 years 8 months ago #161343

M. SATUR 18mm hub adaptors.
I have only drove it to POL in april just up the road from me it it as been mothballed in dry storage.

The MGF Panther 8 years 8 months ago #161410

I have two MGF's running with 5mm spacers on the front and LE Multispoke wheels over AP calipers. One set of 4 pots and one set of 2 pots. 5mm does not effect the handling at all as far as I can tell. Og also have another MGF running it's standard brakes and 15 6 spoke wheel for comparision.

The MGF Panther 6 years 1 month ago #184065

Hi its been a while since i logged in and furthered any improvements from my last post , the new subframe, hubs wishbones droplinks brakes steering rack etc all new unused and oe parts are going on the front end of panther with work started again recently, It as been in dry storage and unused for a while.
Changed the roof again a while ago i may have posted this prior cant remember opted for the red roof as pictured.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Forrester, sworkscooper, SundanceUK

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

The MGF Panther 6 years 1 month ago #184122

New unused supplied by rimmers subframe fitted.
List of parts all new unused oem apart from stainless mounts.
Front shocks, wishbones, droplinks, steering rack with TRE.
4 pot Ap calipers and genuine discs hubs flanges anti roll bar bushes abs sensors a few small parts to add that have been ordered.
The rear subframe and transmission will be next to come down for a replacement subframe and transmission overall.

The MGF Panther 6 years 1 month ago #184123

Good work going on there. Nice looking 'F'.
John

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT