Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 11 months ago #142928

I wanted to replace the fuel filter on my 1999 mgf and ordered one from Rimmer Bros. The part number WJN 101190 is no longer available so the say use part WJN 1011902. It says its Ok for all models. When I went to change the filter I found that the thread sizes were different, the new one had a slightly bigger thread size. The original one had the WJN 101190 number on it . The pipes around the fuel filter look very original.
I am sure rimmer bros will replace the wrong one. They have always been good.
I was just wondering where to order another one from that will be right. ?
Thanks for any advice
The original one is on the right in the picture

[IMG]ht[/img]
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Davem.

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 11 months ago #142930

I wanted to replace the fuel filter on my 1999 mgf and ordered one from Rimmer Bros. The part number WJN 101190 is no longer available so the say use part WJN 1011902. It says its Ok for all models. When I went to change the filter I found that the thread sizes were different, the new one had a slightly bigger thread size. The original one had the WJN 101190 number on it . The pipes around the fuel filter look very original.
I am sure rimmer bros will replace the wrong one. They have always been good.
I was just wondering where to order another one from that will be right. ?
Thanks for any advice
The original one is on the right in the picture

I think Rimmers may have got it wrong, it should be the same fuel filter for all models MGF-TF, I get my service kits from Mg Mania, the fuel filter they supply is an AC Delco GF 640 (you can get it separately from them as the link below)

MGF MG F AC Delco Fuel Filter OEM Quality
Completed

The AC Delco p/n is GF640 is a direct replacement for MG Rover p/n WJN101190

You should be able to get an equivalent OEM quality filter from your local motor factors

Brian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davem

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 11 months ago #142931

Thanks Badger for you help :clap:
To add to my confusion the local parts place in Australia Repco have also supplied me one with the bigger sized thread. :doh:
Mg mania don't like my Australian address :bang:
Didn't want to order another wrong one in case I was missing something :-?
I will try ebay and hope it is right :-?
[IMG]ht[/img]

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 11 months ago #142936

I'm about to change my filter and have the new one in my hand. It looks like your original but has part no wjn101191 on it. I got it from College Motors. If you email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. he may be able to help.

Richard

PS a genuine MG Rover part made in China!
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 11 months ago #142952

I'm about to change my filter and have the new one in my hand. It looks like your original but has part no wjn101191 on it. I got it from College Motors. If you email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. he may be able to help.

Richard

PS a genuine MG Rover part made in China!

Fitted the filter this afternoon and it was identical to look at as 101190 which was stamped on the old one.

R
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 10 months ago #144598

:bang: :bang: :bang:
I got another fuel filter of a online UK site and it is wrong too. Thats the 3rd in a row that is wrong :bang: :bang:
This one has too shallow a threaded hole in it ?
The picture shows the good old one on the left and the new wrong one on the right.
The distance "Y" is just not deep enough as I can only get half a thread in.
If the unthreaded bit "X" didn't exist it would screw in Ok.. The threads size is the same.
I don't want to modify pipework.
Bacchus and Cobber have you ever had any problems. Maybe the Aussie MGF pipework is different for some reason??

Forgive my poor computer drawing skills :P
[IMG]ht[/img]
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Davem.

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 10 months ago #144612

Just looking at the Rimmers diagram:
there is an item no 8 adapter. 8 is pointing at that 90 degree pipe fitting but the price suggests it is not the pipe itself.

No 8 appears to have changed in 2000
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 10 months ago #144620

Hi there
Had the same problem myself on my 2004 TF the one sent was to small for the pipe
Got the right one of ebay and £3:75 cheaper than rimmer
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 10 months ago #144621

Helsbyman Thanks
Any chance you could show me where you got yours. I really don't want to order another dodgy one.
[IMG]ht[/img]

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 10 months ago #144622

I've never had any trouble getting one. I can't remember where I got the last one from though, probably would've been from one of the major parts houses like: Bursons, Auto One, Repco, Autobarn or Supercheap.
But with a car like ours, that isn't so likely to appear in the parts books / computer files of the major suppliers I take the dead one in, and drop it on the counter, saying:
"Don't worry about what it's from, as you won't have a listing for it anyway, just find me one the same!"
I almost never get the wrong parts this way.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Fuel filter confusion? 9 years 10 months ago #144624

Hi Davem
My car is a TF and 2004, 5yrs younger than yours and MG more than likely changed the filter in this time
I was going to suggest you put a spanner on the nut then ask the seller to measure these but as I recall
my original filter had a 18mm nut and the new one was 20mm
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.941 seconds