Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 week ago #141640

Finally got round to having the bodywork sorted. Had all the rust done, scratches, dents and scuffs, new bonnet and then all painted.

Looking good :broon:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 5 days ago #141733

Had a go at tidying up the mirrors with some cardon wrap.

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 5 days ago #141739

Had a go at tidying up the mirrors with some cardon wrap.

That looks cool! How easy was it to get it to go around the curvature of the mirror case?

Today I changed the passenger front wing and lower suspension wishbone. Oh and tapped the sub-frame mounting bolts and fitted new 12.9 grade zinc coated hex bolts.... much nicer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: R40MGF

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 5 days ago #141741

The 1st try was a bit messey so I watched a how to on youtube that advised to pre stretch it and then heat it up to shrink back and it worked a treat.

I`m not sure about the look tbh but the mrs likes it so it will stay for now.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 5 days ago #141742

I`m not sure about the look tbh but the mrs likes it so it will stay for now.

Worst case, a bit of paint protection won't hurt. Looks good to me. Nice job. :)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 5 days ago #141744

Gave the F a wash and a hoover :)
All the winter grime gone, ready for some summer fun!

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 4 days ago #141800

In the last week I've fitted a new alternator and Bosch S5 battery, sprayed and installed black mesh in the boot vents, modded my glove box to run a cable between my iPod and the back of head unit. I also failed miserably at aligning the drivers window... Again!

Somewhere in the process I seem to have upset her, and she's now having a bit of a tantrum in the shape of a knackered ignition switch... Shear bolts, ugh!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 4 hours ago #141988

My drivers seat bolster was getting worn plus it had a gash where the door had been shut with the metal part of the seat belt against it; found one in the scrappy with same seats, the drivers side was worse than mine but the passengers was like new. The foams and covers are not handed so a couple of hours later "job done"

Second job was to tart up the fuel filler cap where the silver paint was coming off; armed with a can of gray primer and a can of silver I striped down the cap and started to rub it down where the paint was chipped. When I got through the paint I got a nice shine on the aluminium (probably Mazac) so removed all the paint and gave it a polish instead. The surface may oxidize but I can always spray it with clear lacquer.

Attachments:

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 4 hours ago #141991

Today I gave my hood the full renova treatment. I was well impressed with how well it went in and how good it looks.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #141994

The old sun-damaged dash came out today along with the cracked binnacle and a good portion of the interior. Also wired in a solid state heater fan control, installed the instrument panel with new illuminated needles (a rotten job!) and pretty much completed the wiring mod for an EPAS control switch. Just have to pick up a few connectors at the parts store tomorrow after I watch the F1 Qualifying, then the whole works goes back in. I just bolted the airbag into the replacement dash and assembled the new Mk2 console while watching TV and drinking a couple of Margaritas. That should help me sleep. :pop:
Edit: New dash is in along with the carbon-fibre binnacle and all the bits mentioned above-And, everything works! :clap:
Sorry no pics as someone didn't put the camera-computer cable away :rant: (not me!) Will post pics when it reappears.

Found it! Here are a couple of pics.
Before

During

After

Instrument Panel-low coolant warning light relocated above & between tach & speedo

New Switch Panel-note the EPAS switch

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

New Radiator, TF snorkel and brake Servo Bracket 9 years 11 months ago #142008

Last week did 3 jobs I was looking forward to:

Put a new radiator in. Made use of the trick mentioned in this Forum by pressing the lower coolant tube thight. Needed only a refill of about 1 liter. Bleeding went without a problem. Took almost 1 hour of stationary running before I knew the fan was working. So cooling seems to be good. I'll be using my ODB2 BT connector for checking the cooling curves. Job done in appr. 2 hours.

While checking cooling I went on with replacing the heater airbox for a TF style. Took 5 minutes to 'saw' the old one out. Took a lot more for getting the new one in because of a small LHD/RHD problem and because the bolts are hard to reach and tighten.

At last I had to take my HID projector Headlights apart changing the rubber for a smaller one. I need the extra millimeter for adjusting the projectors well (I had tot talk myself through the MOT last year!) because there really close tot the outer glass.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by The driving dutchman.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 11 months ago #142029

Some great big projects being done on this thread I'm very impressed.

I've done one or two small ones this last week or so I'll pop some pics up tomorrow. I've put on a perspex wind stop from fleabay.

After a happy time grinding off the nuts to get the old back box off :bang: my Scorpion exhaust is on.

Oh what a great sound :woohoo:

Thanks Martin for the exhaust :broon:

Last edit: Post by Bob.
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT