Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 3 weeks ago #140807

I've only be mounting rear light covers and taking care of my leather seats. Two tone so I bought 2 coloured conditioners. Dunno if you could by this in England as well , ut its good stuff and comes in about 20 colours/shades.

But somewhere in coming weeks my first real technical job is to come: replacing the radiator.... wish me luck (though there's good advice in here).
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by The driving dutchman.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 3 weeks ago #140831

Just finished taking the rubber like finish off the centre console ,it look like the le 500 console now

Sent by using the force

What did you use??

I used meths looks great will get a pic of it fitted to car later

Sent by using the force

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 3 weeks ago #140844

Here's the finished article

Sent by using the force

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 3 weeks ago #140845

That looks smart!!

How did you do it?

Meths on a rag?

Any prep afterwards?

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 3 weeks ago #140847

Bugger all...it has been raining. Just like the last four bleeding months.
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 3 weeks ago #140853

Back in for the re test today and she passed :woohoo:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 3 weeks ago #140854

Well tonight I got home and put the first coat of black gloss on my refurbished drivers side lower wishbone... (it's been rust protected and stonechipped already).

Then separated the spare parcel shelf carpet I have from when I broke Fleur from it's horrible underlay and then IRONED it with my mum's steam iron to get it back in to shape.... should fit a treat tomorrow evening and look MUCH better than the hacked about cheapo Project Drive carpet in Felix now!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 3 weeks ago #140855

Back in for the re test today and she passed :woohoo:

Lots of :drive: and :woohoo: ing round the lanes
well done :broon:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 3 weeks ago #140915

Well tonight I got home and put the first coat of black gloss on my refurbished drivers side lower wishbone... (it's been rust protected and stonechipped already).

Then separated the spare parcel shelf carpet I have from when I broke Fleur from it's horrible underlay and then IRONED it with my mum's steam iron to get it back in to shape.... should fit a treat tomorrow evening and look MUCH better than the hacked about cheapo Project Drive carpet in Felix now!

Got home and despite it spitting with rain I put the new ironed carpet in - MY GOD it looks and FITS so much better than the crappy new plastic backed carpet! If anyone has a newer TF with that plastic style backed carpet piece go get an old style fibre backed one from eBay... iron it and you will be amazed! Will have to take pics another day due to the rain.....

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 2 weeks ago #141158

Not much this week..
Fitted new cam belt, water pump ect and under floor pipes. Then we cleaned the hood and fitted the centre console.

She has been off the road since July 2012 and after a few weeks work were back on the road !st April.

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 2 weeks ago #141190

Swapped out the MG CD43 stereo in the project VVC for a Sony DSX-S-100 with Tune Tray. No CD on this just a radio and USB connection in an internal tray to take memory stick or an iPod.

Replaced a lot of rusty bolts under the bonnet with new stainless bolts and the 6 domed allen bolts for the hood latches as well. The started stripping down the front brakes and hubs ready for sub frame to come out. Found that the O/S wheel bearing does not sound nor feel good so that needs sorting out. The N/S is fine and after a cleaning off of rust and scale it's got a coat of paint to match the refurbished sub frame. Had to drill out one of the disc retaining screws on the N/S flange and also took the top ball joint off ready for a new one to be fitted..

Have also stripped off the ugly stain and refinished the wooden hand brake grip then sprayed it with Birchwood Casey "Stock Finish" and after several coats and rubbing back between coats it now has a finish similar tot eh wood bits in the car. Although being made of beech it will never match totally.

This week it remove sub frame, fit refurbished one then clean and paint the AP 4 pot calipers and then fit the AP brake set up and get LE Multispokes spaced to clear the AP 4 pot caliper.

Plenty to do still.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 2 weeks ago #141194

Replaced Felix's drivers side lower front wishbone on Saturday afternoon. Surprisingly all the bolts came out after soaking in my new find 'Lidl Rust Dissolver' (apart from the not captive bolt on the front mounting which sheered so I could replace it!).

The ball joint was a pain in the ass to remove (crow bar and lump hammer) and put back (wood block and lump hammer underneath!) - but at least it was tight I guess!

Now I need to find a passenger side in good condition that I can clean up and rust protect/paint, then fit. Oh and STILL gotta sort the lumpy running/stalling and knocking rear suspension!

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT