Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140546

To be precise its the engine bay fan motor. I also painted my rusty one with hammerite.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140569

To be precise its the engine bay fan motor. I also painted my rusty one with hammerite.

Spot on.
I've used rattle cans on this one.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140584

Just a little here and there on both. Bought a fair few stainless bolts, nuts and washers so have been changing rusty ones for new stainless ones. Did the slam panel, horn mountings, fuse box under the bonnet on both yesterday.

On the VVC project finished cleaning and painting bits for the subframe as had forgotten to to the ARM mounting brackets :oops: and one of the tower clamps got pinched and fitted to "Blue 33" when I changed the knackered O/S/R sphere. Couldn't see the point of putting a rusty one back in place. New lower ball joints fitted and the gaps around the wish bone opening filled with Waxoil which hopefully with stop water ingress and rot. Greased the upper arm pivots. The Tower clamps will be fitted with new stainless bolts. The original H?T bolts for the top reinforcing beams have been cleaned and fitted then the heads sprayed over with under seal for protection.

Ordered a pair of TRE's for the VVC and a new alternator belt for "Blue 33" still to get is a new expansion tank coolant outlet hose cap new coolant for "Blue 33" for when I can get around to fitting the stainless underfloor pipes.

Finally got a rubbing block out and attacked the horrible blemish on the VVC's bonnet. Seems it was a dent that had been filled and then sprayed with a rattle can badly which reacted with something. Rathe than a whole respray of the bonnet will probably have stripes to cover it.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140599

Last night I traced the slight intermittent quiet knock/rattle to a worn NS lower suspension bush.
The suspension strut looks a mess anyway so I thought I would replace them with the nuts and bolts.
Rimmer Bros were cheapest on the struts so I ordered everything from them. I did reject the £10 cup washers though, Little British Sports cars to the rescue
Big surprise they were at my work by 9am. Despite the order going in too late (4.20pm)
The 10mm Nyloc nuts were delivered as 3/8"unf however, so I still need to find a couple of 10mm Nylocs.
!/2 hour to replace the shocks ? what do you think?

Re:Re: Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140705

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
The finished fog lights.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
David
:shrug:

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140706

Just finished taking the rubber like finish off the centre console ,it look like the le 500 console now

Sent by using the force

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140709

Just finished taking the rubber like finish off the centre console ,it look like the le 500 console now

Sent by using the force

What did you use??

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140719

Bruddy 'ell!..are they bright or what... :yesnod: :yesnod: :clap:

I also replaced the reversing light bulbs and indicators..but that's another How To....
1X 1156,382, BA15S 25W CREE LED CANBUS FREE DRL BULBS WHITE BRAKE/REVERSE LIGHT
Completed

2X 25W 7507/581/BAu15S CREE LED CANBUS BULBS AMBER INDICATOR LIGHTS FOR BMW
Completed
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140733

Sunday fetterling inc fitting LED side light bulbs, LED's in the footwell lights, investigate a rattle in the engine bay, the cam cover has a bolt missing which is causing the rattle, a tempory fix is in place, bolts ordered via ebay.
The leather seats have had leather feed & conditioner rubbed in them and will be buffed tomorrow after work

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140738

Yesterday I:

removed the old seats, replaced the carpets, mended the flashing handbrake light - and adjusted, Sorted out the "sloppy gear change" by tightening a few nuts as described in a guide on here...put the new seats in, "glued together the centre console trim I broke removing it"...

Today I: replaced the badges front, rear and wheels (thanks for those Carolyn), soldered the new blower fan resistors, washed,pollished her and then took her out for a spin... when the heavens opened and marple sized hailstones attacked me!

Tomorrow : I'll detail her and then take her for a skiing lesson - ME that is, not the car!

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: photos inserted

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140739

Welded sill

Changed the number plate bulb and found this???

Also painted the centre console, needs to be finished.
Attachments:

Re:Re: Re:Re: Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 10 years 1 month ago #140741

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.

The finished fog lights.

David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 2.887 seconds