Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 weeks ago #192840

Nice job Sundance did you paint them or have the coated?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 3 weeks ago #192841

I painted them, I used Halfords caliper paint, one can is enough to do one caliper.
Coating would be nice, but you have to be careful as the seals could be damaged in the curing oven. If I was completely stripping them out and removing the pistons and all seals, then powder coat would have been the preferred option. The rear calipers were brand new, so stripping them down was not going to happen.

Sundance

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 2 weeks ago #192882

Well Felix hasn't been started since before 2020, so I thought I'd have a go at starting him. Popped the charger on the old, slightly knackered, battery.. 1 hour later.. turned key... He immediately started! 😳

He was a bit chuggy for a few minutes then seemed fine. So I took the chance to test if the power hood still worked... again worked first time. 😁

I therefore cleaned the mouldy crap off the seats and steering wheel, and gave him a good wash... So now the weather is getting better I'll start sorting him for whenever this lockdown is over!

He doesn't look too shabby still.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 2 weeks ago #192884

First drive for pleasure since we returned from Rome in June 2017 - loved it.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 2 weeks ago #192900

Decided to clean out the engine bay, it had a lot of metallic rusty dust from when the subframe was sanded down and treated, and it give me a chance to try out my recently bought Worx Hydroshot cordless pressure washer! Its a cracking bit of kit, you can get an adaptor so you can use a pop bottle as a reservoir, just the job for putting a bit of detergent in.

Engine bay came up a treat with just a blasting off and a quick dry with a bit of rag.

Sundance

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 1 week ago #192927

As the weather is very nice and I cannot go out in my TF. I decided to treat it to replacement front mudflaps (speed bunps play havok with them), and new rear mudflaps. Also took the opportunity to check for rust. None thankfully.

Next job to check the routing of my stainless flexible brake pipes, as other are doing!

Stay safe.

Robert

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 1 week ago #192940

Today drain petrol needs fresh after 9 months not used by previous owner.
Changed oil /filter Cleaned underneath and brushed on VACTAN rust converter
After dried waxoyl spray underneath
Quick interior wipe over M O T check tmorow pray for brakes and gas analysis
ok .

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 1 week ago #192960

If a car has been sitting around for a while a chuck a couple of tanks of "super" through, Tescos momentum is 99 ron.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 2 days ago #193015

Been working on a lighting revamp during the lighter evenings after work.

How about a MGF with LED projector headlights with green evil eyes and green angel eyes, a ultra bright white strobe effect, DRL in the indicators and sequential LED indicators...……..

Finished one headlight so far...………...

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 1 day ago #193029

Sounds pretty good James, any piccies yet?

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 1 day ago #193030

Well its Renovo time again, I do the roof every year as my car lives outside and I don't bother with a hardtop anymore.
So its sheets on, masking tape out. Must be getting better because not one drip or splash on the windows or paintwork!

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 15 hours ago #193035

I've had the car in work since the beginning of April when it was Sorn, so I decided to fix the air con problem, found the condenser was leaking and it started from there and moved on to much more,
Sent the wheels for refurb, front bumper off condenser replaced moved on to drop links, front shocks, rear bumper, wheel arch liners off waxed oiled front and rear arches greased front and rear suspension;covered car and finally waxed oil the under body.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT