Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138331

Hi well cars on road running as sweet as a nut. :clap:

Rebuilt head full skim by engineering shop , new head gasket cambelt water pump all associated belts etc , cooling pipes to rad rad flush , wheel bearings, discs pads and serviced , new ht leads and plugs rota arm etc, smells nice now as cabbage patch is no longer growing under carpets , doors work turned out to be broken cable , and the only thing annoying me after doing all above myself is the clock it still won't work , any ideas , it works if I'm driving that's about it ?

Will post pics of car as soon as I can . Oh and the rear window replaced complements of great guys in southend.. (The headlights which were badly filled with condensation now seem to be ok)

. Thanks for all the tips in the how toos a very good source of info) .

So it will probably be up for sale in a month or so if anyone's looking for one let me know, but until then any tips on clock fix would be great....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138339

If your clock is loosing time, or stopped altogether, try the IT supports favourite reply - "have you tried turning it off and on again", simply remove the electrical connector from the back of the clock (pull out the centre air vent to access), or remove the fuse, leave it for 5 minutes, then reconnect. http://mgfcentral.iain-brown.com/tt-electrics.shtml

or only other thing i could find was:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=50366&highlight=clock+TF

hope that helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Constantinides

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138340

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138344

Everybody seems to have issues with the clock :yesnod:
Given up on mine as it's not that useful with all the other acc's fitted that show the time.
Is there any similar sized gauge that would fit to replace it, that would provide more useful info.? eg amps,volts, oil pressure etc.
Must be easy fit!

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138347

It's a standard 52mm size gauge so yes, there are all sorts of gauges that could replace the clock such as: oil pressure, volts, vacuum, etc. Getting one that has a similar colour face and font style to the original will be your biggest problem.
I wouldn't buggerise about with an ammeter (amp gauge) though, as you would need to route all the power feeds and alternator lead through it. ( Damned things can catch fire too!)
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138348

My clock was always on the blink so replaced the head unit with built in clock display from an RDS signal so always accurate. I then replaced clock and oil temp as a pair with some LED gauges, worked for me. This company local to me manufacture some nice analogue gauges and you can get a nice matched pair, with differing dial back/needle combinations. http://www.etbinstruments.com/ETB_Range.htm

TB
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Leigh Ping, Constantinides

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138363

My clock was always on the blink so replaced the head unit with built in clock display from an RDS signal so always accurate. I then replaced clock and oil temp as a pair with some LED gauges, worked for me. This company local to me manufacture some nice analogue gauges and you can get a nice matched pair, with differing dial back/needle combinations. http://www.etbinstruments.com/ETB_Range.htm

TB

Brilliant idea this one. Cheers T. :broon:

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138378

Thanks to all. I've tried the reboot but that hadn't worked but I dropped it when looking at it earlier and put it back in place feeling a bit peed off went back and now it works fine.

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138381

Love my clock. I can change the minutes but not the hours !!!!!!!

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138383

Love my clock. I can change the minutes but not the hours !!!!!!!

That must be a right pain when we have to change the clocks for DST. :nonod:

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138402

I can only change the minutes on my cars clock too!

Clock 10 years 2 months ago #138425

But you have to admire the build quality.........

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT