Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #133892

I recall an excellent expose of engine oils being on this site somewhere but I'm blowed if I can find it now!

Can anyone direct me to it please?

(I have to say that this website has become complex, confusing and downright slow since the last 'upgrade'. :nonod: You don't even know now who has posted until you open the thread only to find it's somthing from someone you would rather not even look at! Sorry to be critical but it used to be great. :bang: Any chance it could be reverted back to the previous edition?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #133894

Tipper, we are currently working ( well, Simon is) on version 3.5. It is available to play on, in beta format
The url is beta.the-t-bar.com

In the mean time, If you'd like to pm Simon(Psymon) with specific issues, I'm sure he will address them.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #133901

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
In ten days time we'll have been on this theme for 1 year, the positions of the last post names hasn't changed since September 2010

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #133904

http://www.the-t-bar.com/en/forum/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/88134-engine-oil#107666

Could this be your thread?

I can imagine it must be very irritating to have to see post posts from those less high brow or technically savvy. Sigh, not a problem I have...

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #133912

bobistheoilguy.com site can be an interesting read.

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #133944

I agree with Tipper in that you need to know who posted the thread & what it is about :yesnod:
Sorry, but your oil query has been hijacked :dry:

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #133984

http://www.the-t-bar.com/en/forum/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/88134-engine-oil#107666

Could this be your thread?

I can imagine it must be very irritating to have to see post posts from those less high brow or technically savvy. Sigh, not a problem I have...

Beth - Thanks for the suggestion but no not that. And it's not the quality of the posters but the drivel that some post!!!
What I was after was an article on oil myths that I'm sure was in the 'How to's' or similar area but I can't find it.

Psymon - I know you are all working hard to improve the site and do a great job but frankly it needs improvement as imho it hasn't been very good for those 12 months! Sorry if this offends but I'm offering some constructive criticism...
Knowing who made the last post doesn't help me know who started it in the first place. I liked it when you could pass you cursor over the thread and it would show the first few lines as well as knowing who started it - as you know this is a feature of many many forums. It's at that stage that I decide whether I bother to even look at it. Currently it just restates the title of the thread which does nothing useful.
Since the last upgrade, has it really been nearly a year, I have not visited the T-Bar so often primarily becasue I don't like the current format and features. Sorry.

Last edit: Post by Tipper.

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #133990

There is a preview button on each thread. Have you tried that?
David
:shrug:

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #133998

Tipper

was this the post you were after by Paul PQD44 http://www.the-t-bar.com/en/forum/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/45827-oil-what-is-it-all-about#45845

TB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #134023

Yes, that's the one. Thanks. :broon:

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #134043

Cheers for digging that out Neil. :broon: I missed this request.

All the 'good reads' were moved to the 'Words and pearls of wisdom' pages.

Oil, what is it all about? by 'PQD44' Paul. - A 16 step guide to liquid engineering.

Engine oils exposed 10 years 6 months ago #134103

Cheers for digging that out Neil. :broon: I missed this request.

All the 'good reads' were moved to the 'Words and pearls of wisdom' pages.

Oil, what is it all about? by 'PQD44' Paul. - A 16 step guide to liquid engineering.

Where's that Leigh?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT