Sign In   Register

Topic

Estate car options 10 years 10 months ago #123031

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
The only thing I would say is you could get a little white diesel van for that budget. While I know you would rather have an estate car, I personally steer clear of tradesmen that turn up in cars rather than works vans because it just seems less professional and less committed. It feels like they are doing it for a hobby. Just my opinion though.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Re: Estate car options 10 years 10 months ago #123034

Not sure if this was a genuine problem or a one off but my brother in law recently scrapped his 51 reg diesel 75 tourer as his turbo blew up and wrecked the engine. He was quoted 3 grand for a new one.

Last edit: Post by alanrt54.

Estate car options 10 years 10 months ago #123036

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.

The only thing I would say is you could get a little white diesel van for that budget. While I know you would rather have an estate car, I personally steer clear of tradesmen that turn up in cars rather than works vans because it just seems less professional and less committed. It feels like they are doing it for a hobby. Just my opinion though.

A good point Clive.
I see many 'one man band' company vehicles with a compromise solution: a sign written board fixed into the load space windows.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Estate car options 10 years 10 months ago #123038

ZT/75 is mostly BMW underneath, diesel engine is one of theirs.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diesel Destroyer

Estate car options 10 years 7 months ago #129366

Not everyone's choice.. But opted for this in the end

71k on clock. Full service history.. 2.9 auto turbo diesel..

Brand new tow bar £110.. Parts are cheap..

Limbo black tint as standard.. 7 seats.. Rears all come out in seconds.. No tools required.. Rear doors slide

Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Estate car options 10 years 7 months ago #129367

The auto box is silky smooth.. Didnt want a van as only on the tools 2 days a week.. But this looks smart enough to turn up at customers houses..

Load space with rear seats out is impressive..

Last edit: Post by Diesel Destroyer.

Estate car options 10 years 7 months ago #129368

Front and rear bumpers scuffed. So will sort them in the spring..

The wheels have all been curbed but will probably swap them for 17s (15 at moment) as the wheels look lost

First 'pimp' was to swap all the interior lighting to LED bulbs.. Interior lighting is amazing.. It's like daylight in there.

Never been a fan of Kia.. But can see why they have a following.. Great value for money.. And not to bad on build quality

Roof rack slides.. Sound system is ok.. Seats comfy.. Plenty of room in back for MG bits lol

Estate car options 10 years 7 months ago #129371

Oh and I have air con which is freezing,.

So much better than a van..

Just gotta keep it tidy now :broon:

Estate car options 10 years 7 months ago #129373

Kias are great value for money. I'm on my 2nd having had a Carens and now a Sportage (last model) 4x4 to cope with Highland winter driving. I've a friend with a similar model to yours but with 120K on the clock. He's keeping it until it falls apart which could be some time yet. They make brilliant towing cars. The '08 Sportage is so practical (fold totally flat rear seats, fold totally flat front left seat, opening rear window - all features used every week) that I'm disappointed that the newer models are less practical if more stylish and better to drive. They are well engineered in an old fashioned sense despite the comments of all the doubters who have probably never been in one. Anyway, 'the thinking man's van'.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Last edit: Post by Blow-in.

Estate car options 10 years 7 months ago #129376

Was looking at Galaxy's and Sharans.. But they all seem to have rocket ship mileage

The 'bus' has the odd ding and mark.. But it is coming up on 10 years old..

No scabbing or surface rust though..

Impressed with how quiet it is though at 65

Last edit: Post by Diesel Destroyer.

Estate car options 10 years 7 months ago #129380

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Good choice. I was looking at these but then decided to move houses so keeping the vectra a bit longer. Might get a C4 grand picasso when they are a bit cheaper or just run mine into the ground its got LPG so run very cheap indeed.

Estate car options 10 years 7 months ago #129382

Ben you could have another 3 kids if you get one of these lol

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT