Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114319

Mother in laws yaris.... wtf! That is all :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114321

J2 Commer van with a reversed gear box!!

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114334

• Jimuth
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • "So, how much is that going to cost?"
Not got extensive driving history but the worst is a flip up between a gutless Vauxhall Zafira/Meriva that was just asking kids to puke all over it just to give it some character or the MINI First ... yeah, have a car that looks like it should cost £20K but give it a 72bph engine so it'll drive as quick as granny's Micra :dry:
Ebay + Nectar = lots of MGF points

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114337

in a made moment i opted for what i thought was a sensible car just aftermy first son was born.. time to settle down and calm down.. so i bought a3 year old fiesta 1.1 classic omg i hated it for the 18mths i had it.. you pretty much had to book an appointment to overtake anything on the road, it felt like riding in a wheelbarrow with the same mod cons,

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114341

I'm torn between an Austin A55 pick-up which I managed to corner on 2 wheels without really trying, a Ford Anglia (the one with the funny rear window) that was nowhere near as good to drive as my dad's Cortina and a Series 1 Land Rover (80 inch!) which I owned for a couple of years.

I think the Series 1 was the worst but to be fair it was 25 years old when I bought it and had had a hard working life. It was ex WD and probably had parachuted in to Suez. I bought it because of a posting to the Outer Hebrides (still don't know who I upset). It suited Hebs life really well - the problem was it was my only wheels and I had no money to spare so it would go on 1000 mile journeys when I got some leave (which wasn't often). The steering was 'vague'. It was fully air conditioned on account of no window seals. But it was fast...until I finally fixed the speedo to discover that the white knuckle ride I was having was around 35 - 40 MPH. It burned oil and petrol in equal quantities. It is the only car I've crashed having fallen asleep at the wheel in Glencoe..fortunately it went left in to a ditch rather than right down the 300 foot drop. Apart from some re-styling the only damage was a broken spring. But on a sunny day with the hardtop removed and driving along an old drovers path with your thumbs unhooked around the wheel it was just great. I've just remembered that the SU fuel pump kept packing-up and the only way I made the ferry at Uig once was to coast down hill from the B&B - i was pushed on board by a fork lift and spent the crossing stripping the pump down in a F8. Also it didn't have a start motor but to be fair was very easy to swing on a handle (if the pump primed). I clearly miss it more than I realised!

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114348

Wartburg Knight 2 stroke belong to my uncle, absolutely dreadful, he hit a tree in it in the wet and the thing snapped in the middle, the tree was fine :P

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114350

The worst car I ever drove was my first car, a 1978 1.3 Morris marina hl

It didn't go or stop or go round corners very well.

It rusted away before your eyes

The seats were awful

The gear change was dreadful and it smoked like a red arrow!!!!

Chopped it in for a rover sd1 :oops: :coat:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114352

The worst for me was a 1 litre peugeot 206 poverty spec courtesy car while my ZS180 was being repaired, it had no power at all, no electrics anywhere and it was really just horrible to drive
Keith
a hammer fixes all

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114356

There have been plenty of rubbish cars but the worst "decent" car was a Daewoo that we took to France when the Audi80 my dad had lent me broke down the day before we left, it was an auto but the kick down didn't work or wasn't fitted.

Truck wise it is either the Ford Cargo tractor unit (and my first proper artic) which had some weird gearbox that had a pre selector meaning you choose the gear, dipped the clutch and blipped the gas and hoped it changed or a Bedford TK750 which was the stable of the British army, it had no servo assistance on the brakes or clutch and no power steering, a big problem as I was delivering to private houses around Haywards Heath.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114386

1984 Hyundai Pony 1.6 auto, absolutely gutless with what was truly the heaviest steering I have ever encountered.
I find it amazing that, after that POS, Hyundai has survived to actually produce some decent cars today!

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114389

Mine has to be a doom blue Mk1 Fiat Punto 1.2 that my friend lent me when whatever I was driving at the time (probably BMW or Honda) was off the road.

From what I remember (and I blanked a lot out) it had no redeeming features. Slow, terrible dynamics, cheap light grey interior (yuk), and laqueur that had sort of fallen off in big chunks.

Automotive turd.
stevecrx
'98 'F, BRG Poverty Spec Edition
Build Thread

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114390

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Two spring to mind.
1. My 1st car a 1.2 nova manual choke, 4 gears pure crap always smelt of petrol n overheated most days.

2. Perodia Nippa lent it from my uncle this thing was pure shame slow, badly built and just embarrassing so gave it him back and opted for the peasant wagon instead

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT